iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of wood?

Started by Mtbehm, November 16, 2018, 10:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtbehm

This is at the local dump. 15 feet long 30 inch diameter. Eastern Nebraska. What is it? Thanks. 

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Mtbehm

Thanks for the reply! I have been looking at pictures of bark trying to identify and hackberry seemed fairly close. Have only milled cedar, walnut, and silver maple trying to branch out to more and when it's already cut can't beat that. 

Southside

Hackberry was the first thing that came to mind.  Are there any bumpy / warty features on the bark?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

KEC

Tom the Sawyer

Hackberry.  That warty bark is found on hackberry and it's close relative, sugarberry.  The wood color is also indicative of hackberry.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Southside

Quarter sawn it makes beautiful lumber that will behave.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!