iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Radio controlled winches

Started by Blue Sky, February 15, 2009, 08:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Sky

I have been the fortunate owner of a technology from the early 70's that incorporates sensible, small scale, high capacity wood production.  I am talking about a product out of Finland that was selling winches to the world.  It is called a Kolpe Radio TIR-1200.  It incorporates a 10 horse gas engine, a 9.7:1 gearbox reduction and a chain and sprocket drivwork I do around my areae system that brings the total reduction down to 40:1.  This baby has been a main stay for me and my Black Locust TSI work I do here in my area.  I generally only harvest trees in the winter to least affect the terrain.  Plus it keeps the locust logs clean with that deep furrowed bark that they have.    Does anyone out there know about these ?  In Vermont, out of Bethel was The Radio Horse Corporation that manufactured a radio controlled winch in the 80's.  I saw one of these  at a forestry show.  Very clever.  Same as my Radio TIR, except heavier and newer.  Please respond.  I bought three of these Kolpes from an old friend of mine who had had a dealership

Earthwise

Hi Enchanted,
I am a forester and horse-logger in Vermont working with folks who may be interested in either radio-tir, or radio horse. Are you interested in demonstrating, or do you have any knowledge of where to get these devises these days?

Carl B. Russell
Earthwise Farm & Forest
341 MacIntosh Hill Rd
Randolph, VT 05060
earthwise@hughes.net
http://www.draftanimalpower.com

thedeeredude

Hey Carl!  Great to see you over here.  I'm a member on draft animal power.  I'll say one thing right now, you better have pictures on here soon ;D  Glad to have ya here.

Thank You Sponsors!