iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

People Hurt at boston marathon!!!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, April 15, 2013, 03:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Reports of two explosines going off at the finish line!!! What is this world coming too?????? :(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Jeff

Lets hope this was an accident. Its still possible.  Gas explosions can occur in multiple locations.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

From what I've been watching on FOX News, these were two choreographed explosions on each side of the street leading up to the finish line. Three dead so far with many, many injured.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

Prayers to all families injured and hurt.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

loggah

They are saying they think bombs were in trash cans,or maybe suicide bombers!!!! unbelievable !!! >:( >:(
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

Woodhauler

I AM VERY SCARED!!! My wife is very near there on work.... Can't reach her on the phone...
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

clww

Cell phone coverage is going to be about impossible. You'd be better trying to text or email her. Good luck. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 15, 2013, 04:23:08 PM
I AM VERY SCARED!!! My wife is very near there on work.... Can't reach her on the phone...

Praying.  For you, your wife, and everyone directly involved.

SwampDonkey

Well, sure is unbelievable to have this hit Boston of all places.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

And the cowards war continues, hopefully there will be an accounting for this.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodhauler

Quote from: clww on April 15, 2013, 04:25:23 PM
Cell phone coverage is going to be about impossible. You'd be better trying to text or email her. Good luck. ;)
Got through to her work place, they are still at the workm place.... Can't get out and get to the hotel.

Woodhauler

Another bomb went off at JFK LIBRARY.  MY wife just called, got them holed up at work.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Woodhauler

Quote from: clww on April 15, 2013, 05:00:22 PM
I'm grateful she is safe. :)
So sad this has to happen!!!  This world is one messed up place!!!  PRAY FOR ALL THE PEOPLE HURT AND KILLED BY THESE TERRORISTS!

WmFritz

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 15, 2013, 04:52:44 PM
And the cowards war continues, hopefully there will be an accounting for this.

I'm with you TR.... and a relief your wife is safe, Woodhauler.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

SwampDonkey

Apparently a 3rd bomb the police found, that didn't go off. The JFK incident was not a bomb, just a fire or something that was coincidental.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

When I heard the news, which was from a classmate from high school's post on facebook, I was deeply concerned.

My wife's son and his wife are up from NC. He's going back to Afghanistan on Tuesday. But he came to NH to go to his wife's cousin's wedding yesterday.
Knowing that they were going to be here, he bought tickets for them to go to the Red Sox game this morning. That's my wife, my daughter, my wife's son and his wife.

I did talk to my wife a short while ago.
They were at a restaurant eating and waiting for the "T" to be turned back on.
They drove to a "T" train station near Boston and took the "T" in to the ball game.
They shut down the "T" and they had to walk very far to get some place to eat.
And I did hear, on my truck radio that they have opened up the "T" and so she will be able to get back to their car and get home.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

martyinmi

I've been worried myself.
My sister just called and said that both of our cousins and a friend from church who ran the marathon all are fine.
She said that the bombs apparently went off towards the end of the race.
Both cousins already have FB pictures up.
For now they are all stuck in Boston.

Prayers for healing to all the athletes and spectators involved, and speedy justice to the cowards responsible.
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I was happy sawing away at my sawmill when the wife came down and told me the news. There went my happy mood and my prayer mood kicked in.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

MSNBC still carrying live updates at 12:09 AM.  Earlier Rachel Maddow had listed all the bombings in recent years including Oklahoma City. April 15 is the same date that the guy flew a plane into a tax building.  After all my professional mental health experiences, very little shocks me anymore.
I feel great sorrow for all the victims and considerable rage toward the bombers.

Say your prayers.                                                                                   
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Ernie

It never ceases to amaze me, how many really true sickos there are in the world today.  What could anyone possibly hope to gain through an act like this.  Bring back the 50's.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Jeff

The last post was deleted for trying to make this political and also using racial remarks. Don't make me move this to the restricted board...

bedway

I apologize To Jeff and the Forum for my post. My mouth has a tendency to speak the truth and my politically acceptable filter was turned off.

WmFritz

Looks like one suspect shot dead.  Door to door search for the second one.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

SwampDonkey

It's quite obvious those guys want to do harm. I think two police were shot. They are also looking for more explosives. There were explosives thrown from a  car and some exploded.

Woodhauler

Just talked to my poor wife, SHE IS IN LOCK DOWN IN WATERTOWN!!!  She said she just wants to get to heck out of vthere and come home!!! They won't let anyone leave the city!!! >:(

snowstorm

i found on another site the boston police scanner. site is called tune in boston police fire ems. you can hear all there radio traffic

sawguy21

Seems excessive to shut down the whole city.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

They gotta do what they gotta do. That sucker ain't getting out of Boston.

sandhills

If he were smart he'd turn himself in, any policeman/woman I know has a real hard time with somebody trying to kill all the people they look after, then they start killing other officers........have a good day 'nuff said.

beenthere

Could say "If he were smart" he wouldn't be in the position he's in now.  ::)

I couldn't give him much credit for ever being "smart". ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Woodhauler

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 19, 2013, 06:05:30 AM
Just talked to my poor wife, SHE IS IN LOCK DOWN IN WATERTOWN!!!  She said she just wants to get to heck out of vthere and come home!!! They won't let anyone leave the city!!! >:(
Wife is home!!  She may never go back to the big city!!!!

SwampDonkey

They have a man in a covered boat, but not confirmed yet to be their man is it?

Mooseherder

I'm listening to the Boston Police scanner online.  ydr.com York daily record link
They are at the boat, most of the cover removed.
A friendly is being told to move before a dog gets released to the area.

Mooseherder

Police on the outer perimeter have been told to not fire their weapon.

Mooseherder

Someone is moving in the boat.
He just sat up.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I just saw 2 pictures from TMZ of the first suspects body in the morgue.
My first thoughts were DON'T MESS WITH THE F.B.I.

SwampDonkey

I think the first guy got hit by more than gunfire. They said an explosive had gone off and insured him to.

Mooseherder

They're saying the 40 gallon tank is half full.

Mooseherder

FBI is asking to not light up the boat with lights yet.

Mooseherder

Reporting a fire or flame on the boat.

Mooseherder

Radio silence for the last few minutes.

Mooseherder

Mooseherder

They just flash banged him.
No movement on the boat.

Mooseherder

They're asking officers to shut their lights directed at the target.

Mooseherder

Mooseherder

Negative movement.  He is on his back.

Mooseherder

Calling for negotiator in case needed.
Still no movement.

Mooseherder

Mooseherder

They're getting ready to light up the boat.
FBI said put the Sun on the boat.

Mooseherder

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We now return you to your normal programing.

Planman1954

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

SwampDonkey

This thread is almost like a relay chat server. ;)

SwampDonkey

Al_Smith

Oh trust me if he's still alive he'll talk up a streak before they are done with him . >:(

sawguy21

I am almost sorry they took him alive. Now there will be a long drawn out investigation and trial.

isawlogs

Well at least there may be some answers to come, so sad these things happen.

My hat goes off to all that where on duty today and made this outcome happen.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

The effort by the law enforcement people is absolutely amazing. I can't imagine the resources needed to go through all the evidence, narrow it down and identify the suspects in such a short time. These people are GOOD.

WmFritz

Amazing... they found the needle in the hay stack. I have mixed feelings on taking the second brother alive. At least the FBI will find out for sure if these two acted alone.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

SwampDonkey

On the weaving forum, there is a lady that lives 2 blocks from where they got the guy alive. She was on her porch as things unfolded.

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Without actually intentionally orchestrating one, yes I guess it is. :D

Thank You Sponsors!