iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wheel

Started by Ronn5072, March 23, 2019, 12:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronn5072

Hi All---this is my first post. The pictures attached are of an iron wheel that is laid at our farm in NW WI since 1929. It was left after the area was logged off in the 1900s. It weights 365lbs and has been a mystery to our family for a long time. Local legend has it that it was used as a tramway to haul logs to the St. Criox River. Wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like this.

Ljohnsaw

You got half way there :)  You were able to upload your pictures (multiple times) to your Gallery.  Now, you just need to post from there to the tread, like this:

This is the first picture you uploaded.  Feel free to delete the duplicates.  HOWEVER, NEVER delete pictures that have ever been used in a post.  Likewise, you should not upload pictures that will never be included in a post (wastes server space).
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Southside

It's been a long time since I have seen them but that does look like the tram wheels that "King LaCroix" used on the tram between Chamberlain Lake and Long Lake on the Allagash River in Maine. It was replaced with a pair of locomotives which are still there today, 70 miles into the woods. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Hilltop366

Link to a picture of some that were used in Nova Scotia, they look to be wider and deeper than the one in your picture.

New France Nova Scotia

millwright

Where about in nw wi are you?  I'm on the st croix river a couple miles north of Gordon

Ronn5072

Sorry it took so long to respond. I am located north of Danbury Wis/ Minneapolis suburbs. 

Ron

Thank You Sponsors!