iDRY Vacuum Kilns

everything is BIG on my screen

Started by thecfarm, June 26, 2013, 06:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I went to bed last night all was fine. I got up to check the forum and everything is BIG. I know about the enlarge window. I use that at times. But I can't bring that up either.I think because of the page.I tried to reboot it,that did not help.This post window must be a foot long now and probably 5 inches wide. I am running Vista.
Can someone point me in the right directions and get this back where it was last night? Thank you.
I got the enlarge part figured out. I can make it smaller,but everything else is big. Like the google bar is big and my bottom bar is big. My desk top icons is only 10 wide now too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

billporterfield

To use System Restore

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.
Open System Restore by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

beenthere

What billporterfield suggested would be my fix, as my wife's Vista most always is a mystery to me.

But there may just be the inadvertent key that needs pushing again, in combo with another key to make it right again. Wish you well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I knew about that.  :-[  All set.  ;D  Thank you. I wore out the system restore on out first computer. Had to get another system restore program.  :D  This whole thing keeps freezing up and grinding away. I'm just waiting for it too die. I thought it had.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

On my Internet browser the zoom feature is activated with the control button and the plus button. That will make your browser screen text larger.

If it is happening on your desktop as well then maybe your screen resolution got changed but some other short-cut.

Is it ok now?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

EVERYTHING was big. I was only able to see 10 icons on my desktop. Should be able to see twice that many.
All fixed,the restore did it. That's what I might by, all set.

Warbird

On my system, that is achieved by holding the CTRL key down and spinning the mouse wheel either up or down.

beenthere

Warbird
I didn't know that, and it works that way for me as well. Thanks. Saves reaching for the + - keys with the right hand. (not that it was killing me... ;D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ianab

If EVERYTHING is big, including the icons on the desktop, then chances are the video card driver had dropped it marbles, and gone back to 640 x 480 vga resolution, circa 1985.  :D

In that case doing a system restore set things back to how they were before whatever happened, and all is well again.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DR Buck

Quote from: Ianab on June 26, 2013, 11:49:14 PM
If EVERYTHING is big, including the icons on the desktop, then chances are the video card driver had dropped it marbles, and gone back to 640 x 480 vga resolution, circa 1985.  :D

In that case doing a system restore set things back to how they were before whatever happened, and all is well again.

Ian

To correct resolution you don't have to restore.   Just right click on the desktop screen area, select 'properties', 'advanced', and set the desired resolution, click OK and exit.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

petefrom bearswamp

works on mine warbird, thanks
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland