iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I don't know what I would do without my OWB

Started by thecfarm, April 29, 2018, 09:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Or I should say,what the dog would do without it. :D 
She can be a sleep,but as soon as I put on my outdoor clothes,by the door,she is at my feet to go with me. Once in a while I have to call her. The wife is a sleep and if the dog gets left in the house,the dog will start to bark,to let me know that she wants to go with me. The dog gets a little upset when I forget her. So Papa does not forget her. Or Mama lets me know about the barking when I get back in the house and Mama is a wake. >:(  And than I have two women upset with me. ::)  :o 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jason.weir

my pup goes with me every time I fill the OWB - all I gotta say is "lets go fill the stove" and he's up and waiting at the door..  My wife never goes with me..

I'm sure you've heard the saying, Lock your wife & dog in the trunk all day.  Who's glad to see you when you let em out?  Just sayin...

bluthum

A good dog loves to have a job especially one with routine. In this case the job is helping with the wood. I get great satisfaction watching the joy of a dog at work, it's therapy for you both.. pretty amazing that bond.

Corley5

Suzie, our chiweenie, always goes out to fill the furnace with me.  Sometimes other dogs go too but she's made it her job to come out and supervise.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

50 Acre Jim

For the last 5 years I've run my furnace year round, mostly because we use it for domestic hot water. It's probably not very original but we call it the "Dragon".  My dogs only have to hear the word "dragon" and they're in a race for the door.    
Go to work?  Probably Knott.  Because I cant.

Pclem

That's funny... I just have to say "stoke the stove" and our dog is right there
Dyna SC16. powersplit. supersplitter. firewood kilns.bobcat T190. ford 4000 with forwarding trailer. a bunch of saws, and a question on my sanity for walking away from a steady paycheck

doctorb

You guys make me miss my Buzz, who used to join me for my trips to the stove every day.  He would sit on a little knoll right outside the shed until I was done.  I didn't have a "Buzz word" or phrase to let him know I was headed out.  When I went into the mud room and started putting on my "furnace coat", he'd be right there watching and ready to go.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Bert

Sorry to hear that doctorb. Nice looking dog! Lost my furnace fixing buddy awhile back too. Miss that goofball looking out for me.
Saw you tomorrow!

Outlaw

My two pup's love to help fill the stove. They also help store firewood all over my yard. :D
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

petefrom bearswamp

My last pooched departed this earth in 2004 1 yr before I put my classic in, so unless one of my youngest grandsons is here I go alone.
Both the 6 yr and 9 yr olds like to throw wood in, the other 8 are enough older that it no longer appeals to them.
I too burn year round
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Just Right

It is hard to replace a great dog.  Took me 13 years before I was interested in another one.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Thank You Sponsors!