A new Woodland Mills mill owner

Started by Carlton, August 05, 2014, 10:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlton

Today was the day my mill arrived!! Now I get to wait for the weekend to get her set up and running. I would like to thank Neil and Laurie for their assistance in getting my mill order placed and for being absolutely pleasant people to work with. I will be sure to post some pics when I get everything set up and running. Thanks again Neil and Laurie you made doing business with Woodland Mills a pleasure.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

glassman_48

Carlton,
Congratulations!! Get some pictures posted when you can, trying to make up my mind on what mill to buy also.  A lot of happy people getting woodland mills sawmill.

Dracomeister

Carlton, Congratulations, I got my HM126 two weeks ago, poured a slab, bolted the sucker down and started cuttin' up wood.  This is my first mill so I don't have anything to base it on, but IMHO the precision from this mill is equal to or better than several mills I've looked at that cost many times more. Here's mine.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know!

Carlton

I like the way you did your slab, Im thinking about mounting mine on a trailer for portability. I wont get to start setting mine up till this coming weekend but when I get it set up I will get pics up. Feel kind of like a kid waiting to go to the candy store!!

Carlton

Well me and my son managed to get the mill put together over the weekend. We started about 2 saturday afternoon and had everything finished up about 7ish. We forgot to grab our camera to take pictures of it and didnt have time to drag a few big logs over to make sawdust out of soooooo we looked aound and found about a 6'' diameter 6' long limb that had blown down during a recent wind storm. The limb was pine and really not worth cutting up be we wanted to hear it run and check everything out. Needless to say we made our first 2x2 and now cant wait for the weekend to do something a little bigger. I promise to get pics up soon and I might even post our monster first cut.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30