iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lizards

Started by Texas Ranger, June 09, 2005, 11:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Now That's One Texas Size Gator!

This was found at Bar X, which is between Angleton and West Columbia, near a house.  How would you like to meet this fella in the dark?  Never let it be said that we don't grown them big in Texas.

Game wardens forced to shoot alligator
Published April 16, 2005

WEST COLUMBIA - Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night.

Her neighbors in Bar X Ranch had been telling them they had seen a giant alligator in the bayou that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.

"I didn't believe it," Charles Rogers said. Friday they realized the stories were, if anything, understated. Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast. Joe Goff, a game warden with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, walks past a 13-foot, 1-inch alligator that he shot and killed in the back yard of the home at the Bar X Ranch on FM 521 near West Columbia.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Buzz-sawyer

NOW...........thats a LOT a good eatin!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Roxie

Jumping Doggies!   :o
Let me assure you that if that was found in my backyard, they'd STILL be trying to wake me up! 
Say when

MULE_MAN

Looks like a person ought to get several pairs of nice boot's out
of that sucker  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Patty

Yep, Iwas thinking the same thing, Muleman, or maybe a nice purse and belt to match. You know me, always a fashion statement!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Fla._Deadheader

Next time we go up to da camp, we can get some "thinnings" and send y'all some pups.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ARKANSAWYER

And them poor folks thought that their hounds were being stolen. :o

When I lived in SC I was working on a condo with a small lake in the back yard at a new golf course and noticed that by a tree was some movement in the water.  I thought it was a carp feeding on the grass.  I threw a chicken leg bone at it but the bone landed about 6 inches from the water.  Then a gator about 6 ft long came out of the water and ate the bone.  :o  We told the folks about it at the golf course but they just gave us a blank look.   As we were finishing the last of the units people were moving into the first ones completed.   We were out eating lunch on the deck when a Lady and her little white currly dog came walking out of the first lower unit.  The dog acted like it had never walked on damp grass before and tip toed toward the lake.  We yelled at the Lady but the little white dog made the waters edge before she understood what we was a yelling about.   There was a splash and some screaming and you guessed it,   doggone. :-[ 
  A gator the size of that one could have been eating cattle.

I think matching boots, belt, billfold and vest would be better Patty.
ARKANSAWYER

Patty

" I think matching boots, belt, billfold and vest would be better Patty."

Ok, you talked me into it, Arky!  ;D   Or maybe one of those nice leather jackets...
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!