iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The "came here from other chainsaw forum" thread

Started by Saw Dr., January 03, 2011, 08:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Quote from: SawTroll on February 01, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
   I have of course been banned there for other reasons, like most long time members have.
Well I knew that but I wasn't going to blow your cover .

banksiana

Web arguments about chainsaws?  What the heck is there to argue about?

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Quote from: Willard Eggleston on February 01, 2011, 06:27:21 PM
   Old news, water under the bridge.  I'm looking forward to asking many stoopid kwestshuns here at FF.
Hmm Key West eh . Well I spent some time there , not too far from Marathon . ;)Let me look in my crystal ball I think I'm getting a vision .   Ooodo,voodo ,Kalamzoo ,uncle Al ,knows all sees all . :D

Al_Smith

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 01, 2011, 07:02:25 PM
Mine's bigger and better than yours. :D :D
Oh pshaw your's doesn't even have a chain on it .

SwampDonkey

I can put a blade with a chain on it. But nobody up here seems to buy those blades and no shop stocks them. ;D

I've got two regular chainsaws though. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Well  if it means anything I've got a goofy looking round contraption than goes on a side grinder with a chain wraped around it .I got it at a yard sale but never had enough nerve to use it .Finger pruner no doubt . :o

SawTroll

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 06:58:21 PM
Quote from: SawTroll on February 01, 2011, 04:47:33 PM
   I have of course been banned there for other reasons, like most long time members have.
Well I knew that but I wasn't going to blow your cover .

I may get banned here now (likely not), but imo that other site works pretty well at the moment.  :)
Information collector.

SwampDonkey

isawlogs

Al if you have no use for the *goofy looking round contraption than goes on a side grinder with a chain wraped around it *  I can forward you my address and take it off your hands , I kinda like those.   :)  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Al_Smith

Well since you mentioned it I was going to use it today but I couldn't find it .Not surprising .

It seems the county snow plow driver was taking target practice on a row of mailboxes and mine happened to be one .Soo in order to cut the post off I had to resort to a Stihl 200T .Actually two .The stock one was having one of it's moments but my little hotty fired right up and got with the program .

So what now .I gots ta soup up every danged saw I own just so  it putts in winter time ???? Geeze !

isawlogs

:D  Well ya could always get a little old hand saw and sweat it out !  ;D ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Al_Smith

Hey now old Jeff has to admit it now .Since this "they came from other forums " business this site has had more traffic in the last three or so weeks than in the previous three months . 8)

By dear friend near Denver did you a favor or so it does appear .Strange how things work out . :D

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but sawmilling and logging remain the most popular (outside of the general board). But there has been a little boost in membership in Dec-Jan for sure. Plus a couple or three new sponsors in the last half year.  8)

I don't know of any forestry related forums with the traffic the FF has.  :)

Al_Smith

Why sure that makes sense . I mean you have a sawyer running the place .

Butch is a climber therefore the site has a lot of arborists and tree care professionals .

The Buzz I can't say other than a bunch of recreational climbers but then again one of the owners is a world class competitor in that stuff .

Magnus is a chainsaw collecter .

As they say birds of a feather flock together . ;D

SwampDonkey

Well ya. Most sawmill owners, woodlot owners and loggers have a chainsaw. :D

Chris J

I've had some folks ask me about a good site for milling info, and I always recommend ForestryForum.  I do confess that when I'm asked about chainsaw info I mention a couple of other sites  :-\,, which site depends on if they're intersted in newer saws, or vintage saws.

It would be nice if certain sites would allow links to similar sites, but I understand why risking having members 'jump ship' isn't a good idea.

That said, I'm glad to see the ForestryForum chainsaw forum getting more traffic 8).

Chris

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 01, 2011, 09:46:03 PM
Yeah, but sawmilling and logging remain the most popular (outside of the general board). But there has been a little boost in membership in Dec-Jan for sure. Plus a couple or three new sponsors in the last half year.  8)

I don't know of any forestry related forums with the traffic the FF has.  :)
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Al_Smith

Well I've never thought that links are big deal but some don't see it my way .No big deal because sites or forums are on the net with a Google search anyway .

Chris J

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 02, 2011, 04:02:55 PM
Well I've never thought that links are big deal but some don't see it my way .No big deal because sites or forums are on the net with a Google search anyway .

I agree.  Some folks stay pretty much with one site, others are active on several sites at the same time, & others will drift in and out.  Sometimes I get tired of reading about chainsaws (blasphemy :o!) and wander out into cyberspace to pursue other interests.

Google is your friend ;).

Chris J. 
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Jeff

The reason for not allowing links to other forums is not to keep members from telling people about other forums. Its a catch all rule to stop trolls or malcontents from using your forum as their indiscriminate means of spamming and advertising.  You can't tell them no unless you tell everybody no.  Its just one of those things.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

John Mc

Hey, Jeff, I've occasionally posted a link to woodheat.org a non-profit site that has some pretty good info on burning wood safely and efficiently. I hope I wasn't violating any forum rules... I've never noticed that the links were removed or censored.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Jeff

I don't see everything, but since I own the place, everything is at my discretion. ;)  Generally, if a link is posted in order to help someone, I won't say anything. Now if you were posting the link every time someone mentioned firewood, then it might raise my hackles. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

John Mc

I've probably posted it 2 or 3 times. It's definitely just a helpful informational site. No advertising or commercial ventures, so it probably passes the "spam/advertising" test...
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

HELSEL

Quote from: Shotgun on January 05, 2011, 08:25:04 PM
I have a 10 year old Homelite that I've converted to a two cylinder, 4 cycle engine.  changing it to a 4 cycle was a little bit of a challenge, but worth it. It has a 30 inch straight iron pipe exhaust.  I bet it would beat anything that anyone would care to put up against it. Any takers?    ;)

Yep I would take a shot at it!!! Let me know when and where.

Thank You Sponsors!