iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

drying cypress and sinker cypress

Started by gpa, October 22, 2007, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpa

Need some expert advice on the right unit for drying mainly cypress  lumber from 1 in. thick up to 16in.square  beams 28 ft long.
20k bft at a time with the shortest time and least cost for  north Louisiana weather.
thanks , GPA

pineywoods

welcome gpa. where are you located? If you haven't already figured it out, north la is literally crawling with small mills. Some of us have kilns, but nothing as large as 28 ft.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

gpa

pineywoods

gpa there are 3 possibly 4 mills in the eastern part of union parish that have small kilns, but nothing nearly as big as you are talking about. Two home-made solar kilns, slow but cheap to operate, one nyle commercial currently being installed. All limited to 12 ft lengths.
What kind of mill ??
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

LOGDOG

GPA ...did I maybe talk to you the other day on the phone and refer you to the Timber Framer in Texas? Did that not work out?

LOGDOG

gpa

yes, I did but  they could not help with the wood size and the time frame. they are building houses and are not working the mill as hard. so I am looking into long term use of a kiln.
thanks

Thank You Sponsors!