iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help Some Kids

Started by Bro. Noble, September 06, 2010, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

My daughter is a second grade reading teacher. She has entered a project into the Limeades for Learning contest. She is asking for supplies for her reading classroom. Limeades for Learning is a partnership between SONIC and DonorsChoose.org that supports public school teachers across the US. Just visit the site now and vote daily. SONIC will fund projects with the highest votes each week, Aug 30-Sept 30.

To vote for her project, go to www.limeadesforlearning.com and search under location for Ava, Missouri. Her project is called Listening Center . . . What Listening Center? You will receive a confirmation e-mail the first time you vote, asking you to confirm you e-mail address.

Add this to your 'favorites' and vote every day if you want to support this.

Thank you so much for your help.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Warbird

Just to help out a bit, you can go directly here:

http://www.limeadesforlearning.com/pages/search

Click on Location, scroll through the small window of states and click on Missouri, click City, then click Ava.  Now click Ava Elementary Schools and the Listening Center Project is the first one.

When you click Add to Favorites like Noble said above, a small window opens asking you for your email address.  Be sure to select "Remember me on this computer" when you type in your email address.  Look for the email before you continue and click the verify link in it.

Then you can vote!  After that, it's super simple to return the next day and vote again.  :)  A worthy cause!  Thanks for posting about it, Noble.

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Shotgun

They don't make it easy, but it's done.  I'll vote daily.  Good luck to them.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

gary

Got my vote I'll vote everyday

Roxie

Say when

Bro. Noble

Thanks for your help :)  A special thanks to Warbird.

My Daughter, Carrie, really appreciates the help and so do I.  Carrie is a very energetic teacher and is really appreciated by her students and their parents.  Your help will benefit all of them. 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

Noble, I couldn't download all that flash on my slow dial-up, so I'll just vote here. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Warbird

Me too.  :)  They need lots more votes so you folks who can, get in there and vote!

Pudge

Warbird

Pudge, are you sure your vote took?  They are still at 39, which is what they were at after my vote this morning.  Just want to be sure. 

Patty

I voted this afternoon, too. Can you see me vote Warbird?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Warbird

Patty, I think so.  Their vote count is up to 40 now.

Warbird

Hmmm.  Fisphfarmer pointed out to me that he didn't see his vote increment, either.  I just did a test and didn't see the vote immediately increment, either.  So it must take a little bit for the votes to show up.

No worries.  But keep voting every day!

beenthere

fishpharmer

That sounds like a good ForestryForum project.

I'm sending $20.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Do they still get the money even if they don't win the vote?

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bro. Noble

You folks are really great!  I think my wife and daughter are beginning to see why I spend so much time on the forum ;)

The thoughts of sending money is really generous of you,  but I think I would hold off on that, or look for projects in your neighborhood that could use a little financial boost.  Carrie is confident that with your help she can be one of the winners (they evidentally award several,  so she doesn't have to be the very top vote recipient.) so just voting for her project should be enough.  If sh gets this one, I think she has another one in mind ;D

I can't help but brag a little on Carrie.  She works miricles with these kids that are a little behind with their reading.  They do so well that it has caught the attn. of her administrators and even beyond her local school.  She is now presenting sessions at teacher workshops. 

Thanks again ;D

SwampDonkey

Tell Carrie, we know her dad is mighty proud of her. ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Back to vote again today!

She sounds like a great daughter Noble, I'm sure you and Mrs Noble are very proud.  :)

Warbird

All right!  We're up to 73 votes.  Keep going guys!

Thank You Sponsors!