iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt 15 50 foot

Started by Flintlock427, June 25, 2018, 11:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintlock427

well woodmizer put there bed sections on sell I  could not resist, when I get the lt 15 set up I will be able to cut 50 foot logs even if I never cut one and they  throwed in a few cant hook and log wedges .

kb5brz

Were are you located, I am on Valley Road.  I have had a LT 15 since the first of dec.

dustyhat

Its good you got that many cant hooks it will take that many to turn a big 50 footer   lol.

Flintlock427

Meehan , and I have a backhoe and big tractors  for that .I cut a lot of 24 foot 28 inch pine and I did  roll them with cant hooks.

Flintlock427

kb5brz where on valley road, I am just down the road from maws

kb5brz

200 yds. south of the fire dept. on the left.  I have got 50 + pines to cut.

Brad_bb

The problem is that if you have a 50 foot log, the butt is likely too fat to mill on the LT15.  It would take a lot of trimming with a chainsaw.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Crusarius

or you can mill 3 logs at one time :)

Flintlock427

that has been thought of ,also but most likely 20 foot and stack on the unused part are use my other lt15 head and put two head on the long frame one for log and one for flitches.

Crusarius

Cut one while someone unloads the other one. That could be really nice.

WV Sawmiller

Have you guys been in the purple drank again? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Flintlock427

kb5brz        I drove by your house yesterday I think (two story with brown siding ?) on my way home from work would it be ok to stop in and say hello and see your set up. anthony

Thank You Sponsors!