iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

driveway top coat

Started by woodmills1, October 22, 2009, 07:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

will post this also at the end of my long business drive thread but thought yall might want to see it

got a good deal on chrushed and screened material, so paid a triaxel to haul and spread it with the Cat

chrushed brick screened to an inch, but the guy ran out before I was done.  At 2 bucks a yard I new I had the good end of that deal.  So, what do you have for me now since you said you had enough I ask him.   Reprossed asphalt sent through a top soil screen same 2 bucks 8) 8) 8)   just look at the street end of this drive........................................................... ??? :o :D :P 8)

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Dave Shepard

That looks nice! I'm working on my log yard. I'm using bank run. A little coarse, won't look near as good as yours. :D That will be really nice to work off of. I hate trying to move stuff with a loader or fork lift on rough, rutted ground.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

shinnlinger

Put driveway sealer on it and it will look just like your uppity neighbors place, but since it is recycled, no new taxes...
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

barbender

If you can, rent a roller and compact that stuff. Another option is a plate compactor, but it would take a long time with all that area. If you get it packed tight when fresh, it will look a lot like asphalt pavement when your done. Even driving over it with an auto will do the trick. Looks great and you got that for a song, you pay $12 a yard for class 5 gravel delivered around here.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

For a song,he stole that nice stuff. I would get my done for that cost.I would go all the way to the wood yard for that price.That will hold up for years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodmills1

I back dragged for hours and used the grader blade on the 3 point of the tractor first after getting close with the backhoe.  Now I drive a different path every day........ the front is done for years.  I will keep my eyes open for some rap for the back, I really like that stuff.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!