iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

basket

Started by grouch, May 07, 2017, 10:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grouch

I just spent part of a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon making (or trying to make) a basket for my 4 y.o. granddaughter. She likes to carry rocks, toys, anything in baskets. She helped to gather the limbs and strip the leaves, but didn't stick around for the whole process. (I'd be worried if a 4 year old could sit still that long). Don't know how long it took, but I don't consider the time spent a waste. :)

Unfortunately, she had to go home before it was finished, but it'll be waiting for her next visit.

I've seen similar things called "bird's nest" baskets but this one is more like bird's mess.

Never tried making anything from this stuff before. It was not as cooperative as white oak splits. I've always heard it called river willow, but it's not that particular; it just loves water.

If anyone knows the real name for this, please, educate me!

Find something to do that interests you.

WV Sawmiller

Grouch,

I'm guessing Black willow. Beavers love it where they are present.

And time spent with the grandchildren is never wasted time. Best investment you can make. I know she will love it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!