iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad, Mark M.

Started by Aaron Mathys, June 08, 2005, 11:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUNo1

I am sorry that I didnt know your dad. Only knew him from his posts here. But is evident from the posts of those who knew him that he was as he appeared to be, a genuinely "good guy" the type of which this world needs more of. 

By the way, one of your dad's post made me somewhat of a genius...temporarily anyway. Me and a buddy went to collect a log from the rear yard of a suburb home. We couldnt get any equipment into the back yard to move the log and the log was positioned such that we would not be able to roll in the direction it needed to go so that we could get the winch line around it to drag it out.

I had just read your dad's post a few weeks prior, where he had photos of a young lady and a pallet jack raising a log and putting a block in the center...then pivoting the log around. My buddy and I were looking like a couple amateurs in front of the homeowner until I rememberd the post and using that technique we got the log spun around and out of there. 

Truly very sorry for your loss...God Bless.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Well, it looks like Aaron hasn't been back to see this outpouring of love and respect for Mark.  Has anyone been in contact with the family?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

whitepe

We have a new fellow, Brent Bones,  who just joined my team here at
CAT this monday,  June 13th and sits at the desk next to mine.
Brent is in to Radio Controlled race cars
with gas engines (about 2.5 horsepower) and has participated in
a RC forum on the web for about 5 years.    This morning Brent tells me
that a friend that he met on that forum 5 years ago died of a heart attack
at the age of 55 yesterday morning while sitting at his computer.

Also,  on June 5th  I ran into the owner of the local Harley dealership at a restaurant
near my house where my kid works.  He introduced me to his friend of 40+ years
named Russell Wood.    I found out a few days ago that Russell died of
a heart attack the day after Mark's accident.

My mother always had a saying,   deaths run in three's

This is too scary for me.
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Frickman

I've been away from the forum for a while, an just learned of Mark's passing. I can't add anything to what's alreay been said.    :'( :'(
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!