iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This guy's bothered by the heat

Started by maple flats, June 09, 2005, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

I sawed about a 100 1x10x10 this morning and it wern't to bad. Course I just sit at the controlls push buttons pull levers  :). The guy tailing looked like he was drug through a knot hole

Doc

I love the heat! I can't take the cold....the joints won't have it.

I guess to each his own, but I don't start sweating good till it hits 90 in the shade.

Of course I grew up down here in this humid heat, so I suppose it is all in what you are used to. If I moved to Canada, they would have a hard time getting me out of the house till it warmed up outside.

Doc

Teri

Its plenty hot and humid down here!  :( :( :(

mike_van

Even up here in Ct., we have August in June. 90 - 92 F, dew point 70's. It stinks.  I won't even run my mill when it's like this, i'm all electric, i've seen my 208 three phase down to 198. Not good for motors under load to run low voltage.  Besides, this weather, my ambition factor goes from 208 down to  11 or 12.   >:(
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Rocky_Ranger

Well, today is June 13 and we had between one and two inches of snow on the ground here in town this morning.  The mountains are still covered up from winter (?) and we got work to do.  I ain't complaining though, a lifetime in southeast Oklahoma and all over Arkansas where the heat and humidity reins.
RETIRED!

maple flats

Rocky_Ranger, sure sounds like you have it good. I may have to come visit you. Only problem is that I have logs to mill and blueberries to cultivate. I could get the logs and mill hauled out there but the blueberries would be a big problem, guess I'll just have to sweat it out here and complain a lot. The weather forcast says our heat wave will end later this week, sure hope they are right on this one. Seems like they don't get it right too often around here.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Fla._Deadheader

Just returned from town. On the way, the new Walgreens flashin sign showed 94°F at 8: 57 AM. Humidity, I'm sure is in the 90's.  ;)
  What heat ???  ;D ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

maple flats

We hit 96 a few days ago, but not til mid afternoon and the humidity felt like hot bath water. You southerners can have it, give me 45-55 degrees or even snow over that.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

GareyD

Y'all just have to learn how to work in the heat...here in Georgia we...

Get up and start early....work real hard and drink plenty of liquids (water, Gatorade, etc.)

Work til it starts gettin unbearably hot....(sometimes till around 9-10 am)

Find a nice shady spot, preferably under a tree with a little grass and a gentle breeze and drink plenty of liquids (usually a bright golden amber with a hint of hops, or real clear in a mason jar)

Then take ya a nice long peaceful, refreshing nap til around 6pm...

That away you'll be rested and sober enuff to run real fast when the wife pulls in the driveway after a long day at the hot, steamy garment factory and starts throwin rocks and chasin after ya cause ya ain't done nothin all day  :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D works for me...sometimes  ;)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

Down here, it's the "American Way".  ;D ;D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

Garey, I seem to remember riding in the back seat of yer wife's SUV, with you "driving" for a while.  We did about 1500 miles that way, that took the better part of 4 hours. :o :o  During that time, I had plenty of chances to study the back of yer knobby head.  I wuz wonderin' what caused all them bumps on yer pate, but now I'm beginnin' ta unnerstand.  I'm still wonderin' about that crevice right there in the back that looks for all the world like the impression of a cement block. :o ??? ::)

BTW, I prishate the ride.  I'm startin' to get my color back already. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

GareyD

QuoteWe did about 1500 miles that way, that took the better part of 4 hours.

I'm leavin for Arkansas either Thursday or Friday...Ya wanna ride along??

I'm figgerin that if we leave just after breakfast, we can get there, visit with Arky, and still be back here to the house in time fer a good nap and plenty of liquids before my darlin' wife gets home....it ain't but about 1300 miles round trip :D :D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

DanG

It was kinda warmish down here today.  Temps reached the extreme upper 90's and the heat index was 106.  I managed to whack up 4 pine logs for a total of about 500bf.  It sorta went thisaway:

1.  Walked over to the mill about 8am.

2.  Took a break.

3.  Got my stuff out of the shed.

4.  Took a break.

5.  Fetched a log and started prepping the gnarly, muddy beast.

6.  Took yet another break.

7.  Finished prepping and sawed the log.

8.  Took a really long break.

9.  Did one more log, went in for lunch, took a nap for an hour, then went back and did it again.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sawyerfortyish

Dang you only cut 4 logs :o I think I see the problem You need to move the mill closer and stop looking for things in that shed just leave them where you used them last and stop playing with them logs in the mud.If you do these simple things you could probably get in a two hour nap at lunch :D

bull

went from 96 to 44 in 24 hours thank god   6 days at over 85 w/ SWAMPPY HUMIDITY.. It was 41 this morning  so i put a fire in the fire place. its now 51 outside with a cool drizzle and im here at the computer with a cozzy fire and 70 degrees w/65 % humidity.    a little fire will always warm you up and cost nothing. The *DanG AC will eat a hole in the pocket quick at 90 degrees....

Fla._Deadheader

Left for the camp this morning, at 7 AM. Stopped and delivered ½ an order to our used to be lumber buyer,  >:( ;D. His loss.  ;D ;)

Returned here at 5:15 PM, with 350 feet of Sawed Cypress. Temp was in the high 90's and the Humidity was, just stand still and you are dripping wet.  ;) ;D  Not too bad a day for an old guy and his helper,  eh?
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ernie

Perfect weather for milling today, temp 58, humidity 60 ligt overcast, just perfect :) :) :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom

Yeah, but you got to go barefooted and dig your toes into the dirt to keep from falling off of the world down there. :D

Ernie

I don't mind the dirt but the cattle have been in near the mill smiley_furious smiley_furious
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

mike_van

Global warming has ended in New England [for a while at least]  What a break!!  Mother nature has a better air conditioner than any man made one -  :)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

mometal77

Like where i live in washington we need a good winter to scare all the californians back to where they belong.. hehe.. I am not asking for much just about six feet..  My grandmother used to say when nasa first was launching there rockets there was weather changes every time.  This was back in Iowa.  Global warming ba houndbug..
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Thank You Sponsors!