iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first big project!

Started by Kirk_Allen, June 16, 2005, 06:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

The link below is of our Home that is for sale.  We are selling by owner and used "Whats on the Market.com as a selling tool.
http://www.whatsonthemarket.biz/gallery/1570riverwood/

The entire entry, living room and kitchen my wife and I did ourselves.  The kitchen cabinets are q-sawn white oak mission style rails and styles and I went the easy way on the panels and used oak plywood.  The white oak came from a suburan freebie tree.  I sawed it, dried it, plained it, joined it, then build our cabinets and counters.  The back splash is American Elm from the largest tree I have ever cut down, 56" DIB. 

The living room floor and entry floor are salvaged 100+ year old red oak from my Grandfathers barn.

They didnt post any pics of the basement yet since the office is not carpeted.  It was trashed so I threw it out and now they thought people would assume it flooded so they dont want any pics until I put some carpet downstairs.  Guess I willl have to head north next week and get that done.

Ernie

Kirk

Nice place.  You're more than welcome to stick it on a boat, bring it down and stick it at the top of our farm :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Kirk_Allen

Thanks Ernie.  I have done lots of small projects but when we started on the house one thing led to another.  We gutted the entire entry, living room and kitchen. It was a labor of love but now I just wish we could find a buyer without having to pay such high commissions to a realtor.

maple flats

Even if you sell it yourself please use a lawyer. Around here in NYS they charge between 1/2 and 1% depending on the price of the transaction. They look out for YOUR interests. I have sold many properties and have even done abstract searches at the county seat when an abstract company couldn't connect all of the dots but I would never sell a property without my lawyer holding my hand from the start. A lot can go wrong if you trust the buyer's lawyer.
Good luck on a quick sale. I just sold one about 2 weeks ago that I had on the market for 6 months but I made out well and got what I was asking and even took some cherry logs off it before the sale, one was a clear butt log of good size and had no metal in it.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Patty

Kirk, your house is very nice. Good luck with the sale. Norm & I are faced with the same project as you, selling our house hopefully without the use of a realtor. It is a daunting task to say the least.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!