iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB

Started by coxy, May 20, 2018, 08:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

i got an 05 CB  someone give to me  it has 380+gal of water what ever size that is and looks like swiss cheese inside don't know what they burnt in it but anyway i started to dismantle it to see what is was made of  :) the first thing i seen that was a mistake (in less its in  a building )is on the top where you fill it the rain water runs down the fill pipe and lifting lug getting under the foam and rusting the top plus it was running to the back  by the chimney and started rusting it there also ill post more things that i find while dismantling it   if any one has one it maybe a good idea to re silicone  around those to things the heat of the water should dry it out under there and maybe help it out just a thought

Dave Shepard

My 6048 is 393 gallons, I believe. The top was caulked.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

the top had something on it but was still leaking by just thought i would say something about it 

Dave Shepard

OWBs are like motorcycles. It's not if they are going to go down, it's when.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

petefrom bearswamp

Paul it seems you like older iron of any kind.
God luck with the re build
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

its not that I like it I have nothing else to do after I stopped drinking lots of adult beverages I seem to have a lot of time to do things :D and I get board if not doing something and then the other half gets grumpy because im around her to much :D :D :D  

mike_belben

Ahh marriage.  

Youd think they would have found a cure by now.  

;D
Praise The Lord

coxy

there is a cure its called DEVORCE  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

petefrom bearswamp

Expensive cure to say the least
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

mike_belben

Brother was griping to me by text about his ol lady.. My wife saw my response later in the day while looking for something on my phone.  

"WELCOME TO MARRIAGE, ITS A SLOW DEATH?!!!"
Praise The Lord

hedgerow

I worked in town 25 years nights and farmed days. Nice way to kept your distance from the wife. Worked another 15 years 4:00 Am to 12:30 so I went to bed early. Now that I have retired for town work and just am farming I hide in the shop in the winter in the summer I am spraying toward evening when the wind goes down. Everyone needs a place to hide you get along better with the wife that way. We also have a buildings and farms 15 miles away from home too great place to hide and look like you are working.  

doctorb

Amazing how a thread originally discussing an old OWB rebuild turns into a sarcastic vignette on marriage, all in 10 posts!  :D :o ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

coxy

the only thing missing is food  SO HOW ABOUT THEM GRITS   :D :D 8) 8) 8)

E Yoder

So are you going to patch up the CB and keep it running or is it scrap?
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

petefrom bearswamp

Drb I will add another one.
Linda and I will celebrate 16 years of wedded bliss on Flag Day.
Unfortunately we will have been married 38 yrs.
Oh btw my boiler is leak free.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

hedgerow

Yes lets get back to rebuilding that old OWB so we have a reason to hide out in the shop.Winter will be here before we know it. 

mike_belben

Fences make good neighbors, garages make good marriages. 
Praise The Lord

coxy

Quote from: E Yoder on June 12, 2018, 06:56:23 AM
So are you going to patch up the CB and keep it running or is it scrap?
its going to its happy hunting grounds it may even be turned in to a Subaru :D 

E Yoder

HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

hedgerow

Quote from: mike_belben on June 12, 2018, 12:42:19 PM
Fences make good neighbors, garages make good marriages.
Mike 
I couldn't have not said this any better. It is very true in the country. I have always been the good neighbor and kept my cows on my land. 

Thank You Sponsors!