iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My old buddys days are numbered! He is gone.

Started by Woodhauler, October 29, 2015, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Just stopped to see my old friend that built my garage. He has been battling colon cancer. My garage is the last job he did. He thought he was in boston tonite at the VA hospital. First time he has been incoherent when I stopped. Hooked up to a pee bag and poop bag. Laying on the couch just waiting. Made me want to cry. Last weekend he still was setting up and could talk like nothing was wrong. I think he will be gone by the end of the weekend. :( :(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sawguy21

I am truly sorry to hear that.  :'( It is really tough seeing someone go out like that. My thoughts are with both of you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

r.man

Sorry to hear about your friend. Had a brother go much like that 20 years ago this week hard for those left behind.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

coxy

thecfarm

That is too bad. I have no idea if he's on pain meds and other meds. Sometimes that will throw a person off.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Always sorry to hear news like this, Woodhauler!

Prayers. 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodhauler

Quote from: thecfarm on October 30, 2015, 06:35:36 AM
That is too bad. I have no idea if he's on pain meds and other meds. Sometimes that will throw a person off.  :(
Don't believe he is on them. I think he is not going to make the weekend.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

sandsawmill14

you had it pretty rough here lately will keep you in my prayers  :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sandhills

Sorry to hear it Woodhauler, lost two good friends to it and neither were "old men", you're in our prayers as well.

Magicman

I lost a good friend today.  We had a nice visit with him Sunday but who would have thought that today he would be gone.

John, (on the right) was only 74.  I graduated from HS with his wife on the far right.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that too Magic, but to try and find a bright spot you'll always have that last good visit to remember.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

kensfarm

Sorry you guys lost your friends.. hope you find comfort in the good times you've shared. 

low_48

Sorry guys. I watched my 48 year old little brother melt away from colon cancer. That is one mean way to go. He went from a robust, hard working man, to what looked like a 100 year old man in like 10 months. When I saw him the day before he passed, I wished him a peaceful journey and he hardly had the strength to say "Thank-you". I got a colonoscopy a couple months after he was diagnosed, and the insurance pays for them on a 5 year schedule with that kind of family history. I highly recommend that preventive measure!

Magicman

Those two guys in my picture are the only school mates that I have kept in close contact with for the past almost 55 years.  I passed John's home on my way to the Cabin, stopped often, and always honked the horn and waved.  I sawed for him many times.  Here is a thread where I sawed 5319bf of framing lumber for him.  LINK  Here I sawed for his son:  LINK  That old "hit & miss" engine belonged to John's grandfather.   I have been revisiting some of the good times and memories today.

Loosing friends is tough Woodhauler and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend's family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John S

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Woodhauler

Well the old boy is still hanging on, but I'm sure he wouldn't want it this way! I stopped for a minute today, his sister said he is not waking up, just laying there sleeping all the time. The health care workers was there today and I think they gave him something to make him comfortable till the end :( :( :'( :'(

Magicman

Be there for his family Woodhauler.

We went to my friend John's Wake this evening.  Loosing friends is tough.

Buddyw

I don't know what to say, except, my thoughts are with you and the family of those involved. Losing a friend is really hard.

sandhills

As a lot here know my wife is a nurse and I've watched her help through four close friend's deaths, Magic hit the nail on the head, as hard as it is, be there for the family.  You won't ever regret it and (maybe you've been through this with others, I don't know) but the attention and security you give his family will never be forgotten.  Our prayers are with you all.

Woodhauler

I think a hospice worker moved in today to help him to the end.Family needs a break. They are still with him,just not having to give him all the care now.

gspren

Hospice helped with my dad and they were great, takes a special kind of person to deal with death and suffering like they do.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Corley5

Hospice is a great organization.  They've helped with all my grandparents.  My Grandma Whittaker, my last grand parent, is in a hospice home now.  She's coming to end of her Mesothelioma  :( :'( :'( :'(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!