iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First delivery to the mill

Started by Busysawyer, July 11, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busysawyer

Yesterday we had our first load of logs we bought delivered to the mill. It sure looks like more when they are all stacked on a truck compared to when I bought them laid out on the ground. This i the rest of the load thst i started hauling with a gooseneck and pickup. Glad i decided to hire a real truck .There is some good sized logs on this load. Not a full load but a pretty good sized jag. I will sort by species and length today and start cutting.  

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

mike_belben

Dont forget to tally the board feet pretty closely so you can really put a number onto your delivery price per unit of wood.  

Glad you got some logs in. 
Praise The Lord

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

kelLOGg

Nice load. Couldn't they get more wheels under that trailer? :o
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Lawg Dawg

BB, how them logs sawin? Wish we had trucks like that down south  :o
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Busysawyer

Thanks Mike, I plan on scaling them on the log deck I figured it would be easier that way instead of on the piles.  
Wdh, mostly nice. We got some good sized logs and not too many small ones. A couple of the bigger walnuts look like they have some rotten centers so I'm curious as to what will come out of those. 
Thecfarm,  sorted and sawing.
Kellogg,  they might be able to squeeze a few more wheels under there.
Lawg dawg,  I started with the small, crooked walnut so slow going so far. All the other species are nice logs but with the value of walnut you pretty much mill anything you can get a board out of.  I had about half a log deck of what would be firewood in any other species that I milled today and started on the good stuff. Tommorow should go good and I can start piling up boards at a much better rate of speed.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Thank You Sponsors!