iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Michael

Started by Roxie, October 10, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We're not getting any wind yet. But boy da water is coming down.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

Our Florida and Georgia boys made it!  8) 8)

Say when

hturner12

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on October 11, 2018, 09:47:06 AM
We're not getting any wind yet. But boy da water is coming down.  :)
We got between 3 and 4 inches
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

DelawhereJoe

Quote from: nomad on October 11, 2018, 09:21:55 AM
     Just heard from WDH too.  His power and internet are out.  People and buildings are okay.  He does, however, have extensive timber damage.
Extensive timber damage equals more lumber and a new box of blades for the mill. Glad that him and DanG are ok.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

SawyerTed

Glad to hear our guys are ok. There are many who have lost everything along the Gulf Coast.

We were hit awfully hard here, winds were 50 mph plus. Lots of trees down and power out. Mostly inconvenient stuff that pales in comparison.  It was still a surprisingly powerful storm even here.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

hturner12

Just watced the weather it may make all the way Spain next week
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

DR Buck

We're getting hammered here in central VA.   Power has been out for sometime.   Lots of trees down.   Raining so hard sideways it is blowing up under my ridge vent and my garage and shop are being drained in.   My table saw is soaking wet.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

samandothers

Winds seem to be higher here today than with Florence. However nowhere near the rain.  Prayers for those in the Fl panhandle!

btulloh

Got 2 to 3 inches of rain so far.  Been pretty mild up til now.  I'm about 60 miles NE of DR_Buck, so it sounds like it's been worse down his way.  They're calling for 4-6 inches of rain and some wind.  The rain is supposed to be out of here by midnight, but the wind is supposed to pick up even more after that.

Wind picking up pretty good now.  Lights blinked a few times.  Thought I heard a tree come down not too far from the house.  We were already saturated before this rain, so it won't take much wind to cause trouble.  Standby generator is standing by.

BIG white pine in the front yard worries me.  

Whatever happens here, it's just a minor inconvenience compared to FL and GA.

Glad to hear that everyone is safe.

HM126

Southside

5.5" rain so far, 32 MPH peak wind, but had several tornadoes touch down around us again. One about 5 miles north and the other 10 miles east. Several others were reported as well. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Don P

We've had flooding, that was a lot of rain. The creekside roads around here have been going under, I went through where there was a small mudslide across 21 today, I've heard of another in Galax across 58. And then it blew out followed by cool air, we loaded logs and the slabbing Lucas to saw at the farmers market tomorrow.

nativewolf

Quote from: DR_Buck on October 11, 2018, 06:39:06 PM
We're getting hammered here in central VA.   Power has been out for sometime.   Lots of trees down.   Raining so hard sideways it is blowing up under my ridge vent and my garage and shop are being drained in.   My table saw is soaking wet.
Hate to hear that, sounds like quite a rain.  TV just said there were tornadoes around there too.  Stay safe.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Quote from: fishpharmer on October 11, 2018, 09:02:34 AM
DanG just texted me that he is ok but has a mess.
Thanks for letting us know.
Liking Walnut

nativewolf

Just heard from WDH too.  His power and internet are out.  People and buildings are okay.  He does, however, have extensive timber damage.
man that is too bad on his plantations, he took such pride in them.  
Liking Walnut

hturner12

Quote from: nativewolf on October 11, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
    Just heard from WDH too.  His power and internet are out.  People and buildings are okay.  He does, however, have extensive timber damage.
man that is too bad on his plantations, he took such pride in them.  
I sent him a text earlier.  He said buildings  were good and was still assessing  damage, but alot of timber damage. Since he is about an hour from me offered my help  if he needed it.
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

WDH

OK.  Got power back.  Never seen wind like this so far inland.  My recently thinned 21 and 30 year old pine plantations took it pretty hard.  Lost some big hardwoods too, however, I have not walked the creek bottoms yet, so I am sure that many more will be down.  Got smacked pretty hard.  Lost power at 8:25 p.m. yesterday, so I have had little information about the impacts of the storm.  Not sure if the eye of the storm came directly over us, but it had to be close.  Thankfully my house and out buildings and sawshed and air drying sheds came through without damage.  The amount of limbs, leaves, and woody debris on the ground is amazing.  I won't be needing any extra pine logs for a good bit :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

Glad to hear that you are ok.

We just lost power here.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WV Sawmiller

Danny,

Glad you are okay.

Last I heard a couple hours ago my daughter in Charlotte was without power. I saw David Poston on line and he is only about 20 miles or so hopefully it was a local issue and they will be back on line pretty soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

hturner12

Quote from: WDH on October 11, 2018, 11:16:29 PM
OK.  Got power back.  Never seen wind like this so far inland.  My recently thinned 21 and 30 year old pine plantations took it pretty hard.  Lost some big hardwoods too, however, I have not walked the creek bottoms yet, so I am sure that many more will be down.  Got smacked pretty hard.  Lost power at 8:25 p.m. yesterday, so I have had little information about the impacts of the storm.  Not sure if the eye of the storm came directly over us, but it had to be close.  Thankfully my house and out buildings and sawshed and air drying sheds came through without damage.  The amount of limbs, leaves, and woody debris on the ground is amazing.  I won't be needing any extra pine logs for a good bit :).  
Danny 
If you need help with clean up let me know

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Magicman

Thank you guys for continuing to give us updates.  It is so comforting to be reassured that you are OK.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Treehack

Glad to hear that yall have weathered the storm. Trees can be sawed, property can be restored, the folks are what matters the most and sounds like all are good.  Good luck with all the clean up efforts.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

btulloh

Came through pretty good all in all.  There some issues around the area.  Five storm-related deaths in the Richmond area.  I haven't made a full survey around my place yet but so far things aren't too bad.  Couple big trees down right here, but they missed everything.

This one could have hit 15 different things but it missed them all.  I hope everyone one else is this lucky.

HM126

Southside

We lost power about 12 hours ago, have not surveyed everything yet, 7.4" rain total , and a kiln full of wood.  >:( At least the bulk tank was empty.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sixacresand

Yesterday, I bartered to get the rest of a dead pine took down and get my back yard cleaned up in exchange for lumber.  My lower back says thank you.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

samandothers

Glad to hear everyone is well.  

Danny sorry to hear about your timber loss.

Thank You Sponsors!