iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Preview

Started by vfauto, March 28, 2018, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfauto

Why when I touch the screen on my iPad does a preview of the topic appear and the only way to get rid of it is to start over
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

DPatton

Yes, and it blocks your view of the next topic or two. Real PITA! Sometimes I actually scroll thru topics from bottom to top so it doesn't block my view of the next topic.  Should probably ask Jeff if its something I'm doing wrong or if its a fluke that he can fix. 
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

SawyerTed

I reload the page.  It is a pita.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

Refresh and try it now. I increased the time it takes before the preview appears.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Is that why the preview is now taking "forever" on the laptop?  I understand the frustration that the preview causes with a phone, (I hate it)  but it needs to be almost immediate on the laptop.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Obviously I can't win.

SawyerTed

It is better on the tablet and phone!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

I've tried to find a happy medium although I am sure that is impossible. I readjusted the delay.

Magicman

Just keepin' you on your toes Jeff.  ;D  That's much better on the laptop.  Actually perfect.  I have not tried the phone yet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Well it's back like it was for my tablet and phone.

Jeff

I have zero issues on my phone. Quit scrolling the page on top of the links.

Magicman

I am sure that's what I do.  My screen is small and my fingers aren't.  ;D  I'll touch something and bingo, I have something highlighted that I can't get rid of.  :-\

Jeff

I think it is a rotten apple thing.

SawyerTed

The annoying part is if the preview window comes up then I select the topic when I go back to the forum page the preview window is still there.  It isn't scrolling on top of the topics list. 

Jeff

Its because you are using the back button and not navigation. You have to linger on a link now for 2.5 seconds for the tooltip to appear. why are you doing that? Like I said, its an apple thing apparently. Also, this feature has been part of the forum for ten years.

SawyerTed

Aahhh!  I'm getting it now.  My apologies, it has been me all along.  :( 

Yes I've been using the browser back button. I see that the Preview window does go away using navigation.  I've not been using navigation.  A single click or tap on a topic link doesn't open it,  one tap then the preview appears.  I haven't been double tapping topic links until after the preview comes up.

buzzegray

I hated that it blocked the next posting. Now I always hit the NEW sign and it doesn't happen.

Magicman

From reading this I see that I need to school myself a bit with my phone use.  I guess that I need to practice more with it because I didn't know that there was a "NEW" sign.   :-\   

Jeff

The new sign is what I always click on. It takes you to the first post you have not read.

Magicman

OK, I was trying to think of something "new".  I always use the yellow NEW button, but the "sign" terminology threw me off.  Nothing wrong with it, just didn't register.   :-\

DPatton

Quote from: DPatton on March 28, 2018, 07:54:31 PM
Yes, and it blocks your view of the next topic or two. Real PITA! Sometimes I actually scroll thru topics from bottom to top so it doesn't block my view of the next topic.  Should probably ask Jeff if its something I'm doing wrong or if its a fluke that he can fix.
Jeff,
8)Thank you for showing us the way! Did you notice I carefully worded my reply to the O.P. this morning when I posted "Should probably ask Jeff if it's something I'm doing wrong" ??? ??? ???
I sincerly apologize for being such a slow learner ::) but it appears I am in good company :D :D :D. Thanks again for setting us straight!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!