iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BUTCHERED 5 HOGS

Started by SAW MILLER, February 09, 2006, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW MILLER

Three of us hilljacks worked up five fat hogs Friday and I just finished another meal of fresh side and eggs.....YUMMY.   :) :)Anything that good can't be good fer ya 8)
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Buzz-sawyer

MAN
HOME made bisuits 3-4 home made eggs.....some side meat............a cup of strong coffe...........you killin me with malamut-trision :o :o :o
I am gonna see about raisina couple this year....sure make all kinds of good stuff outa em...stuff of quality that YA GENERALLY CANT BUY 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

SAW MILLER

Tell ya what Buzz..We paid .40 a pound for them and thats market price.Came to 90.00 a head for 220 pounders.Thats some purdy cheap eatin ;D ;D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Buzz-sawyer

DanG.....that too cheap to worry with raisin em :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Dan_Shade

save some paunhaus for me!  i love that stuff
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Kirk_Allen

Don let me know when your ready for a hog.  I get mine from a neighbor of my Dads and they are normally 250 pounders.  Last one was $.35 cents lb.  What ever the market has them at is the going price so I watch the market when I am getting ready for one.  Sometimes he drops a nickel for 2 hogs. 

ohsoloco

Oh geez, I'm getting hungry again  :D  I've been working on some scrapple and liverwurst a co-worker gave me.  When I went to visit my dad today I noticed he was making studanina  :)  :)  :)

Buzz-sawyer

Sounds good....BUT how in the world can they raise em for that???
Reminds me of the guy who saws for 15 cents???? :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

Do you butcher your own.....or comply with state law???
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Dan_Shade

IL has a law where you can't butcher your own hogs?

that's pretty funny, you guys gotta annex yourselves away from chicago!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

RichlandSawyer

Hey fellars ,

I have a black angus swinging at the locker right now. Cant wait to pick it up. Gonna put ribeyes on the grill standing in the snow. woohoo, Should finish out at 850+ lbs.
Every log i open up, a board falls out!!!

pigman

Buzz, I think you figured out one of the reasons I quit the piggy buisness. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Kirk_Allen

I butcher my own 8) 8)   The farmers have never mentioned anything related to butchering a hog but they all mention it with the cattle.  Some wont sell it to you becuase of some tracking requirements or something like that.  I have two locals however that will sell me one when ever I want. 

ARKANSAWYER

The saying around here in these hills is when we butcher a hawg we lose nothing but the hair and squeal.  From cracklins to head cheese to feet in jars it all goes somewhere.  Put some fired cheesey grits next to some salt jowl with a few freash hen apples that are still warm and you can do some work.  They say it is not good for you but Granny is pushing 93 and somedays when her mind is slipping she still wants to take a switch to me for something I did 35 years ago and that is a flogging I do not want.
ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

Cmon Arky and take yor licks from Granny,how much damage can she do  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ARKANSAWYER

I would have to give up road trips for a few days till I could sit again.   Good thing I saw standing.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!