iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New [to me] Tractor

Started by bandmiller2, March 28, 2013, 08:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Scooped a deal on a smaller 17hp Kubota FWD diesel tractor older but only 340hrs..Came with a rototiller,48" finish mower and grader blade.Drove it home all it needs is a better battery.No loader but just as well, would be too light to lift much, I consider it my ATV.Would probibly be dandy with a small arch narrow and handy in the woods. Its so Danged cute I couldn't resist. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

About what year is that? 340 hours??? I put that much on mine in one year. I can get around much easier in the woods with my wife's 30hp than with my 40hp tractor. Don't take hers much,because it will come back with a dent in it.  ::)

I wish you knew how to put pictures on here. I like looking at tractors too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Congrats.
That's the next thing I want.
Allan

5quarter

Nice score Frank. That tractor must geared awful high or the drive home must have been verrry slooooow.  ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Magicman

Congrats on the "scoop".   smiley_thumbsup  I understand the "so Danged cute I couldn't resist" comment.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: 5quarter on March 28, 2013, 08:52:07 AM
Nice score Frank. That tractor must geared awful high or the drive home must have been verrry slooooow.  ;)

I've driven a couple of tractors over 150 miles home. Just start early and pack a couple sandwiches for the ride. hahaha

alecs

Have you ever checked out the collection of John Deeres that the guy on Rt 109 in Medway has?  He must have 20 or 30 of them.  Every time we drive by, I tell my wife we need one of those, but maybe I should be angling for something smaller and cuter.

millwright

Tractors and lab puppies, things you don't need but they sure are a lot of fun.

bandmiller2

Alecs,I know the folks your talking about used to pull at their farm,sold them tractors.Forget trying to buy, its like a roach motel they check in but never check out. "C"the tractor came from Maine the old folks had a snow blower then moved down here to live with their daughter used the tractor very little,always shedded.Near as I can figure 1980 or so.High gear high range it hits about 8mph. Had a real shocker,changed all the fluids,like new but the front axle had no oil.Dealer must have dropped the ball, all it ever had was assembly lube.Jacked it up everything feels good and smooth no noise driving and no slop anywhere.Filled it with synthetic 75-90 gear lube.On the tractor forums they argue the finite merits of one lube over anouther,heres one with almost none still trucken. Frank C.

thecfarm

Guess the dealer never sent someone out to do the 50 hour check on that one. The guy up the road just brought one about the same year. I think 25 hp? It's good they kept it under cover,does make a big difference in the way it looks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Sometimes its hard to figure, I worked on a 102' arial platform that had been in service for years and found no oil in the rotation gearbox it passed all the tests for play and was quiet,pretty much depends on how much something is used. If I gave this little tractor a bath and some blue coral wax you'd mistake it for new. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!