iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody running a feller buncher on pipeline?

Started by loggerboy9325, September 04, 2014, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggerboy9325

I was wondering if anybody was running a feller buncher clearing a pipline. Im looking for a job and want to make decent money and always wanted to run a feller buncher. Anybody do this or have done this? thanks

beenthere

Has such a job opportunity opened up? Or do you have to bid on a job?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

loggerboy9325

I haven't really ventured out but Im pretty sure the opportunity is there. Im from PA so there is a lot of pipeline around also in Ohio they are working. I was just wondering if anyone has done it and knows a company that needs people.

1270d

northern clearing just cleared a gas line through here.  they had some pretty new looking iron.

CTL logger

Do you have experience running a feller buncher?

barbender

They aren't going to start you off in a feller buncher unless you are experienced in one, even then, it is likely a job that someone that has been there a while works into.
Too many irons in the fire

ga jones

Linde enterprises here in northeast pa. They run ads in the
local paper all the time.the pipeliners are heading to ny now also.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Skip

pipelines contract out to clearing outfits ,union spreads bring company hands and hire the rest out of the halls." Operators , Teamsters , Laborers

tj240

practice in one get good then look for the job most people wont hire someone that hasnt done it. good luck luv your ambitition
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

BargeMonkey

Have you ever run one ? Takes about 1 yr to start to feel comfortable,  and your always learning something. Why not get in the truck and go door knocking, PA has the work, even just over the border they are planning a big pipeline addition heading my way.

Thank You Sponsors!