iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In training

Started by petefrom bearswamp, March 02, 2018, 09:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

In anticipation of our southern trip I experimented with some southern cuisine this morning.
Red Mill grits w/maple syrup, (is this allowed?) buttered sourdough toast and a glass of milk.
So far no bad stomach cramps or other maladies.

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

Looks like bulk sausage in the upper right corner.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

That's what I heard yowling. That poor maple syrup.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

need ham, eggs and red eye gravey
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roxie

Where's the meat?  Where's the buttermilk biscuits or cornbread? 

I'm gonna help you, you poor dear Yankee.  While your grits are cooking, fry a nice ham steak and when you take it out of the pan, poor a cup of coffee in the ham pan, and stir with a fork and loosen all those bits of meat into the coffee.  BAM!  Red eye gravy to mix in your grits.

Say when

luvmexfood

Biscuits and gravy. Eggs over easy and put on top of the gravy. And of course all fried in country ham grease.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

starmac

Quote from: luvmexfood on March 02, 2018, 07:46:28 PM
Biscuits and gravy. Eggs over easy and put on top of the gravy. And of course all fried in country ham grease.
Or bacon or sausage, maybe even some fried taters, possibly with peppers and onions in them and some of that gravy poured over them, of my I don't think I left any room for grits though, maybe next time.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

WDH

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pete,

You did good.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

i put ham steak and coffee in the same place as grits  steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley

Texas Ranger

Quote from: coxy on March 02, 2018, 10:53:19 PM
i put ham steak and coffee in the same place as grits  steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley

on the plate! 8) 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

starmac

Lordy, if I knew there was not going to be coffee, I would just stay in bed, life is too short to miss out on coffee, I can miss a meal or two, but COFFEE, no way, don't even want to go there.

petefrom bearswamp

Bill, those are some artificial Peonies that my wife laid on the counter.
Roxie, Me a Yankee? You bet. Poor and dear not so much
Last time I looked Oxford PA is not south of the Mason Dixon line are U originally from the south?
I am somewhat familiar with Oxford, When I was a young man I worked out of Coatesville and West Chester all over the surrounding countryside for the Osmose Co treating standing utitity poles.
No meat yesterday, I try to vary my diet altho bacon and sausage are consumed on a regular basis.
I'll have to try Red Eye gravy. I need to acclimate my system to that too.
I had already had me 2 mugs of coffee by the time I ate.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

coxy

Pete the sausage and bacon is what keeping you young  8)

Roxie

Pete, Mama hails from, and still lives in Sparta, NC. 
Say when

sprucebunny

Maple syrup makes almost anything great  8)

I have nothing against grits but never make them... I'm a low carb kind of person and just like potatoes better than corn of any kind.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

petefrom bearswamp

Getting better at this
Took a page from Magic Mans book this morning

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Dave Shepard

You are moving in the right direction. Next, finish cooking the egg and delete the grits, and you will be fully weaned from grits.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

The Grits under that egg look a bit thick, but you are getting the right idea.  You get extra points just for trying it.   :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

Lordy, now we are getting particular on how a grit looks, hmmm.

thecfarm

First it was maple syrup. Store bought syrup I can understand,but maple syrup? ???
Now an egg!!!
Oh the horrors upon horrors of it all.
What's next cheese??
Us Yankees,well you're about to be called Ex-Yankee,can try them grits,but why put something good on it to make it taste better?
I went on The Southern side once but I was not about to waste good food to make it better in the process of it all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Yup cheese is next.
Lynn, I followed the directions on the package and the consistency was OK for me.
I read  on another thread i think, that red eye can be made from any pan residue.
My mom called this simply pan gravy and she made it from most everything.
Oh the fond memory.
Cant get Linda to do that.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: starmac on March 04, 2018, 06:00:26 PM
Lordy, now we are getting particular on how a grit looks, hmmm.
There is an art to cooking Grits....and thats the truth.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

starmac

I know, I watched My cousin Vinny.

Thank You Sponsors!