iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler Dealer Helps us pay the bills.

Started by Jeff, December 16, 2008, 12:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've almost completed a website for our local Central Boiler Dealer that I had purchased our thermpex and coil from for the Bio-Mizer. He delivered the Thermopex and we got to talking and he hired me to do a website for him. He has also become a "Shameless Commerce" sponsor for the Forestry Forum and we have a link to him on our front page.  The next day after, because the Forum linked to his website, he now comes up near the top in google for things like thermopex dealer, maxim furnace dealer and other searches as well.  If you have anything you need to order from the downloadable Central Boiler Catalog, please think of Kevin Witbeck and consider purchasing from White Pine Outdoor Boilers Inc, as he is doing what he can to help support the Forestry Forum. :)

http://www.whitepineheating.com/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Welcome to The Forestry Forum, Kevin.  And, thankyou.

Dave Shepard

That's cool! I've got to get a heat exchanger for my wood furnace sometime this winter. I'll definitely go with a Forum sponsor when the time comes. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

whitepineheating

Jeff,  Thanks for doing my website its looks great.  I'm looking forward to helping to answer the folks at the Forum questions on outdoor wood furnaces.  I am very busy like everyone but will check in to answer questions or to give out information to help others. 
Little history in 2001 bought my first central Boiler CL-4036, 2002 became a dealer for them. 2004 put in CL-5648 (the price was right)   and in Feb. 2008 whet to the new
E-CLASSIC.  So thats alittle about us, if we can help we will do it.
Thanks again
Kevin
whitepineheating.com

Jeff

Welcome to the forum Kevin.  Glad to see you got the posting thing figured out already, :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

whitepineheating

Happy New Year, everyone   This time of year Central Boiler will run some good savings on furnaces. Here it is, check with dealers in your area
E-classic .. c.b. discount $1,300.00 plus 25' underground pipe FREE ($287.50) plus  some of us dealers are giving another $400.00 off a total almost $2,000.00  Jump on it.
The classic furnaces c.b. will give 25' of underground.  If a dealer as 2008 furnace in stock you can save there as well. 
Hope that helps.
Kevin
www.whitepineheating.com

Mooseherder

Kevin,  Welcome to the forum.  I have always wondered how far of a run you could have in between to different buildings with the CB at the center point without losing efficiencies.  Is a couple hundred feet asking too much?

whitepineheating

We have one job its 425' to the inlaws and 250' to the other house.  Maybe 1-4 degree drop  not much at all.  With the thermopex when we do jobs this time of year we leave the pipe on top of the ground and the snow does not melt.  When the sun comes out and hits the black part of pipe then the snow will slide off just like anything black. Like blacktop   
That is the longest run I have 425' lots of 100-250'

Mooseherder

Quote from: whitepineheating on January 09, 2009, 09:40:06 PM
We have one job its 425' to the inlaws and 250' to the other house.  Maybe 1-4 degree drop  not much at all.  With the thermopex when we do jobs this time of year we leave the pipe on top of the ground and the snow does not melt.  When the sun comes out and hits the black part of pipe then the snow will slide off just like anything black. Like blacktop  
That is the longest run I have 425' lots of 100-250'

Thanks Kevin,
That is great news to hear. :)
My plans can move forward.  ;)

whitepineheating

Just some more good information for the folks out there that have a Central Boiler.
One of the most important things with a C.B. furnace is to use a poker or an ash rake to stir the ash everyday.  Its a must to touch the bottom of the fire box and in the corners everyday.  Keep this area stirred and don't let any build up occur.  One more thing, please do not burn garbage.... the gases that it produces DAMAGES the steel and eats it away.  C.B. has a product called Ashtrol that reduces the acidity in the ashes.
Hope that helps some folks.
Kevin
www.whitepineheating.com

whitepineheating

Hello Everyone......More news on C.B. and Dealer discounts as of 2-6-09
Now the Classic furnace has great savings along with the E-Classic.
The price I show is with 25' of underground pipe and C.B. discount and with the dealer also giving a discount.  This should last into March somethime.

Total Discount.......
CL-5036 ..$1,350.00
CL-6048...$1,800.00
CL-7260...$2,600.00
MAXIM 250 $600.00
E-Classic...$2,100.00
If you know someone looking to get a furnace now is a great time. 
hope that helps  Kevin

rpote

Whitepineheating -

As a CB dealer, do you know if the company monitors these forums (forestry and hearth.com)? There seems to be some common themes and problems that could be responded to by the "company". A summary I've seen (and experieced with my unit) includes:

1. is the Ashtrol really just lime?
2. what causes EC2300s to struggle to keep up to temperature?
3. is there something that CB has done or is doing to fix the sticky damper issue?
4. some guys have found cresote in their solenoids. I'm not sure - should these be on a cleaning cycle?
5. I've heard keep some ash bed over the grates to keep the unit from smoking - and yet now we're told to take out some of the grate bars to promote air flow and ash dropping ot reaction chamber?
6. firebrick removal - some have expressed concern about metal thickness issues and corossion. what's your take? Is there a risk of poor reflective heating wthout firebrick?
7. my tubulators are burning off on the end. is it something about the way i burn the boiler? are they a warranty repair item? (my EC2300 installed 11/2008).
8. high wood consumption. I know mine is because of poor PEX install, I plan to dig up and put in Thermopex and do it the right way this spring. But some guys have had to install larger fans? What's up with factory recommendations, modifications found over the past year or so we should all know.

These forums are somewhat a replacement for poor communicaiton from the factory and manufacturer. I spent $12,500 for my dual fuel unit from a dealer in VT. He just dropped it off at my house for that price. No install, no help. We've got a lot of money collectively tied up in these things so hopefully CB is interested in helping us.

Thanks for being part of this forum. I look forward to your responses.

Ron
Adirondacks NY

leeallen

Ron thanks for posting your thoughts/questions. All of the issues/questions/concerns are of interest to me as well. My unit has been installed since 4/08.My dealer in Conway, NH has been great standing behind the unit and trying to glean info from CB.
The dealer that posted (whitepineheating) the discount pricing tells me a few things - for one  - he is looking for sales.
I wonder if he will be as forthcoming with info about the Eclassic as he is with new discount pricing??
I wonder is CB is readily providing him with solutions and information ?????
I'm curious to see what type of response you get. If CB went with 1/8" plate behind the fire brick, I think water leaks will be more common.
Lee Allen - Windham, Maine

whitepineheating

Ron, Great questions
1. ashtrol.......lime?  I ask them that question years ago, their answer was, its more than that. So I use it and customers that do can tell the diffence from looking at the inside of the furnace.
2. e-classic not keeping up?? I have them on farms with lots of demand and no one has called me with a problem.  Myself I had a cl-6048 on 3,500 ' home now I have the e-classic I do use less wood and have not had it not keep up (we have had a very long and cold winter this year)
3. damper..one person has talked to me about that he burns all pine 4x4 cut offs. so it has lots of creosote, at the end of season he is going to clean it out.
4.solenoid.....I have cleaned that area on mine once, took the solenoid off and used the brush and to clean that area awell...at end of season will do it again.
5.greats... I had them in and out to try both ways, know they are back in... to much ash fell down with them out.. when I put wood in the furnace I make sure some air can get down threw the grates.  I take some ash out of the fire box every 3rd. wk.  But I stir them around everyday.
6.Firebrick....mine I took out, metal thickness its 1/4" on the CL models I'll find out for you.
7.tubulators.....have not herd that one .....I'll ask that also for you
8. to much wood.......your the first, its been a cold year, Yes thermopex
Hope that helps Ron, Sorry your dealer just dropped it off and ran must of been new.  I put the e-classic in Feb. 2008 I was the first dealer in Michigan to get one I wanted to use one so I would be able to answer questions about it in my area.
I will ask on 3-4-09 on the metal and tubulators.
Kevin..

whitepineheating

Lee Allen....
No sales needed for me out of State.....I put the information on the sale that Central Boiler is having so folks out their that was looking for a c.b. furnace now is the time to buy.  Most of my sales are within 30-40 miles of my business, I do not sell furnace out of state of Michigan.  Sorry if it came off like that.
I did get on the form to help people with some of there questions and to give out pointers for the furnace. I will post another in the spring on cleaning and shutting down the furnace for the summer.
Thanks again

Kevin

leeallen

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR INFO. THE ENDS OF MY TURBALATORS ARE DAMAGED AS WELL. THANKS FOR HELPING US OWNERS WITH ANSWERS. RICK YOUNG IS A DEALER IN CONWAY,NH - HE IS ALSO VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, HONEST AND HELPFUL WITH QUESTIONS. WHAT IS THE COST OF AN ECLASSIC 2300 PRESENTLY?

whitepineheating

Ron ,
I called c.b. and did get your answers, I do ask folks to please call the Dealer that they bought their furnace from and get the answers for you.   So please work with your local Dealer they might already have the information.
1. steel on the fire box in the e-classic all 1/4" front, back, top.  On the sides its 3/16" and its seven gauge steel.
2. Turbalators..... its a wear item, I looked at mine today and I did not see any real damage.  If you are missing something like 1"-4" off the bottom I would think your o.k. for another year or so.  Talk to your dealer they can't cost to much or try your furnace without them in and see what happens. 
The Maxim 175 has the same turbalators and a few of my customers took them out when they burn wood pellets.
Folks the Classic furnace are less everything what ever you put in it will burn. Less maintenance, easy to use.  The e-classic I feel 50% less smoke, Less wood, very low emissions and e.p.a. test over 160,000  btu per/hr.  but lots more maintenance then the Classic.  You should burn more season wood and split.
Hope that helps
Kevin

antos_ketcham

Kevin -

any thoughts on running the e-classic with only one 4 foot section of stack? Any concerns with that? Pete

Galroc

What are people paying for the e-classic 2300 (either model) with the new rebate?

Does that price include the maintenance kit?

Is shipping to the local dealer included in that cost or is that extra?

What about delivery to your house?

I am going back and forth between the e-classic and the tarm excel 2200.

logwalker

I am in awe of my Tarm. It has changed winter for me and I don't want to see the end of the heating season.  ::)  Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

whitepineheating

The e-classic retail from central boiler ..$10,790.00 discount  -$2,100.00=$8,690.00
As dealers we pay shipping to get the furnace to us from Central Boiler...  I have a shipping price  on my invoice  for pick up at $250.00 or I deliver  within 40 miles of an extra $125.00... Every dealer has ther own price.
Check with your local dealer on what he is doing.
Garn??? only two in the area
Lots of  C.B.'s   LOL

leeallen

Whitepine- what are your prices on the 6048 and the 7260?

Galroc

Kevin,

Thanks for confirming that shipping to the dealer is passed to the customer, which makes sense. I was told my local delivery from the dealer to my house is only $75 which is pretty cheap.

I am still considering a Tarm Excel 2200 versus the C.B. Classic 2300. The current C.B. rebate is pushing me towards the e-classic 2300.

ElectricAl

We were in need of a Spark Arrester / Rain Cap for our Central Boiler.
I made contact with Kevin at  http://www.whitepineheating.com and he fixed us right up.

Quick and easy. 8)

Thanks Kevin.  ;)

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

reberly

How do the Tarm prices compare and what is the comparison on their efficiencies and particulate waste?
Reberly
http://Eberlywoods.com

Big lumber is our legacy

island

I'm a new owner of an E-Classic.For an unbiased opinion I contacted Kevvin @http://www.whitepineheating.com/.What a super guy,if I hadn't already bought a OWB I would have got it from him.If anyone in the Michigan area needs a OWB I recomend checking him out.Kevin called and explained to me all about the E-Classic which made me feel at ease with my purchase.I'll let you know how it works out this winter.Oh by the way I'm in Ohio and bought the E-Classic at my local dealer who also said it's a good product.   
                                                                           Thanks again for your time Kevin.
                                                                                            Steve

Thank You Sponsors!