iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a dog's life

Started by Corley5, February 21, 2004, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

We consider ourselves lucky in that our dogs let us live in THEIR house.  In the first photo Cheagle has taken up position so she can see if anyone comes up the driveway and watch for squirrels at the bird feeders.  Squirrels are her obsession ;D
We think she's a beagle chow cross but are unsure about the chow part but she does have a blue spot on her tongue.  The other half is all beagle.  She lives to chase.  She showed up one day, made herself at home and never left.  She's my dog and let's Dee know it.  She'll listen to me and has no problem turning a deaf ear to whatever Dee says.  The second pic is of Samantha aka Sam.  She's a pound puppy and is supposed to be half springer spaniel and half collie.  The pound people told Dee she'd be a 45lb dog when full grown ::).  She looked different than her litter mates as she has short hair and no brown like the rest of them did.  She now weighs in at 72lbs and shows no signs of any collie that we can see.  The vet thinks she probably has a different father than the rest of the litter.  I think somebody had a puppy to get rid of and put her with the batch going to the pound.  I'm sure that half of her is black lab.  She loves water and fetching anything she can carry.  She's a great dog, and thinks the world of her boy Zach.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Corley: 8)

They sure are enjoying themselves aren't they? I knew a fellow with a dog my grandfather gave to him as a pup. He used to hunt with her for grouse in the fall season. The dog stayed in the house too. That dog knew when I arrived at his house, before I even got inside the house. She understood alot of commands, and they weren't commands that she got treats for. She seamed to know some words you spoke to her.  For instance if she was given a command to go to another door she would go there and wait and greet you. If she had to go outside she would come to you and make a yelp to go out. She liked to go for rides in the canoe and the car also and would be ready to go with you for a ride. She was a smart dog, an English Cocker Spaniel, and could go all day on the hunt for you. We noticed some bigger dogs would play out. When we hunted it was always on foot along old half grown up roads in hardwoods or overgrown alders. These bread of dogs would always yelp if they treed a grouse and they never chased hares, deer or squirrels. They were trained not to. They'de pick up the trail of a grouse and their little nose and tail would be a twitchin and wigglin like crazy. They would find alot of birds you'de walk right past otherwise.

:) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Larry

And all this time I figured I was the only one that had to get permission from the dogs to enter the house.  Our 80-pound doberman lays on the end of the couch looking out the French doors to spot deer.  The 60-pound pit bull lays anyplace she wants to and this one is on a diet.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

shopteacher

Hey Corley, Butch wants their phone number.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Norm

Great shots, they bring a lot of joy to a house don't they. Corley's comment about labs liking to fetch reminded me of my late lab Doc. He always had to have something in his mouth. He'd adopt a stick or ball and carry it around until it desintigrated or he lost it. Gave him an old softball once that was so big he could hardly get it in his mouth, didn't matter thou he would still carry it everywhere. Dang I miss that worthless old fart.

shopteacher

This is a picture of my cocker. His name is Bailey and I tell you he's like one of the kids to me.  He is by far the best dog I've ever owned. He's smart, he listens and he does his business outside. (Doesn't make my boy to happy though, he's the one who gets to walk the yard with a small spring loaded clam bucket and a plastic bag ;D).

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Corley5

We need pets.  There's something missing without them.  These two dogs keep it interesting.  They always give you something to smile about whether it's Sam dragging the biggest sticks into the yard she can or Cheagle sitting at the bird feeder tree with snow falling on her until she turns white and then only grudgingly coming inside.  She does catch a squirrel on occasion too.  She got a fox squirrel last fall which I wasn't too happy about and recently caught a red squirrel which is fine.  I wish she'd catch more.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DextorDee

Meenie Weenies at the beach .
Dextor and Luci
Pickin up shells

Need a rest after shelling

Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Jeff

Just caught scooter taking a nap in Jeremys sports bag he left on the couch after playing racket ball. He wernt to happy with me flashing on his nap. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!