iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problem with 660.

Started by DaveP, March 12, 2017, 09:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveP

My 660 has started loosing power while in a cut.  Saw starts and idles fine.  Under load it looses power as if it is not getting gas.  Feather the throttle and it will rev up.  I have tried to adjust the high speed screw and it seems to bog down more when set richer.  I an using the same gas in other saws  with now problems.  I think this is a carburetor problem but don't know where to start.
"

dougand3

Clean and rebuild kit the carb. A simpler way is a new AfterMarket carb for ~$20.
Other possibilities: borderline compression, fuel pickup partially clogged, crack in fuel line.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Ox

Don't forget the impulse line.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

joe_indi

Check the pickup body for partial blockage, ditto the strainer in the carb

sharkey

Time for fuel system service.  Clean vent.  Replace lines.  Replace diaphragms, inlet needle and screen in carb.  Replace the fuel line filter, etc.     

Ox

I've found it's best when you start having these problems to just get an aftermarket carb, the intake boot, fuel line, filter and impulse line all as a kit and do it all.  These are all wear items and are part of preventive maintenance.  Put in a new spark plug and air filter if needed and you're good to go for a long time more without much money invested.  It's like having to put brakes on your car.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

DaveP

Thanks for all the advise.  I am going with an after market carb.  Will replace lines and pickup, also.  I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Thank You Sponsors!