iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl Kombi Motor system question. update

Started by gspren, April 21, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

I have a Stihl FS85 trimmer with a chainsaw and hedge trimmer head in addition to the string trimmer. If I bought a new KM130 with a string head end would I be able to take the string head off and use the attachments from my FS85? I am considering the KM series to make it easier to haul.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sawguy21

Maybe I am missing something but I fail to see what you are trying to accomplish unless you plan to purchase two lower tubes and shafts for use with the older tools.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

QuoteIf I bought a new KM130 with a string head end would I be able to take the string head off and use the attachments from my FS85?

Yes that would work and if you check with your shop,they may have extra shafts.I have extra around here that are leftover when people just need a gearhead.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

gspren

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 21, 2014, 11:03:05 PM
Maybe I am missing something but I fail to see what you are trying to accomplish unless you plan to purchase two lower tubes and shafts for use with the older tools.

I don't need 2 lower shafts and tubes, just 1. My 85 is getting old and doesn't have as much power as I would like for the chainsaw head so instead of getting a FS130 with a solid shaft I'd like a KM130 so when taking it to the hunting camp in the Subaru it would pack easier.

gspren

Today I bought the KM130 and 1 extension. The dealer gave me 2 lower shafts for free, said he ends up with extras. Tomorrow I'll try it out.

7sleeper

I use my KM85 regularly with the chainsaw attachment and have never noticed any "power loss". It cuts all the branches without a question.

Further Stihl hasn't approved the use of two extensions for the KM series. Only one extension is approved. Although as far as I understand quite a few have other ideas.

Which extensions did you get, aluminium or carbon?

gspren

Quote from: 7sleeper on May 23, 2014, 06:06:58 PM
I use my KM85 regularly with the chainsaw attachment and have never noticed any "power loos". It cuts all the branches without a question.

Further Stihl hasn't approved the use of two extensions for the KM series. Only one extension is approved. Although as far as I understand quite a few have other ideas.

Which extensions did you get, aluminium or carbon?

I only got 1 extension, aluminum, the 2 lower shafts will be for the chainsaw and hedge trimmer heads from my FS85.

Thank You Sponsors!