iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

google earth

Started by bedway, November 26, 2008, 02:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Hi all, Got a question for you puter whiz type. My google earth wouldnt  log on to my server (armstrong cable). I removed the program and reloaded it. It gives me a message saying it could not contact my server. It then asked me if i wanted to run diagnostics to figure out why it couldnt log on. I hit yes, and it ran the diagnostics. It said the results are in my browser,,,,,ok, i give up, what is a browser, and where are the test results?  If i appear to be computer illiterate its because i am! ;D  bedway

york

hey bedway,
download a real browser-bet your using I E -try firefox..

your browser is what ya open up to search the web..bert
Albert

SwampDonkey

I have not run Google earth, but is it set up like an FTP (fire transfer protocol)  client, where you have a list of host servers you can connect to. A server is on the other end that hosts your connection and makes the files available. It's not your internet service provider. For the most part, they let you access the internet itself. ;) Results should be in the client your using to access the site, whether a FTP, Telnet, Gopher, or Web Browser. In this case I assume web browser, most other clients are becoming obsolete.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Google earth works fine on my Internet Explorer  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

It may be as simple as clearing your browsers cache.  In Internet Explorer (IE) click Tools, then click Internet Options.  In the window that opens, click Delete Cookies, then click Delete Files (in the tiny window that open, check the box for "delete all offline content".

Doing this will clear cached logins and whatnot (ie. you might have to log back into FF and other sites you visit online).  Good luck.

thecfarm

How's their customer service.Things don't work right with this thing I'm on the phone to someone.Cause I don't know nothing about this thing too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stumpy

I heard there is a better site than Google earth.  Anyone heard about it  ???
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

SwampDonkey

My provincial government has the most up to date aerial imagery for my area. Between agriculture and Forestry we get new photos every whip stitch, they are in digital form online. The most recent ones I can positively ID the trees standing there, but I have to get those direct from DNR. We used to only get updates every 10 years. I think it's every 3-5 now.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Google earth can lose its ability to connect to the internet if you have had a recent anti virus program update that includes firewall software, or changes made to windows firewall. If you have a firewall you need to make sure that google earth is in your exceptions list.

Start-control panel-windows firewall-exceptions
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DouginUtah

Stumpy,

You might be thinking of Microsoft's Virtual Earth.

http://maps.live.com/
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

tyb525

I think he's talking about the Google Earth program - not the browser version.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

bedway

Just a quick update guys. It did turn out that my AVG anti virus had updated and that caused it to not allow it to connect. My son in law (puter guru) tweaked a few settings and its fine now. Thanks for the imput! :)

Tim L

I just read Google Earth may be shut down because terrorists in Mumbai used it .
Do the best you can and don't look back

Jeff

That's not goona happen, in fact google is working on upgrading resolution to 50 centimeters.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yeah I doubt it to. They better turn selective availability on to scramble your GPS signal to. You can get photos from many sources, not just google. Heck you can go to Service NB and get coverage for any spot on the province and load it into a Trimble Mobile GPS and pick targets at will.  ::)

Tom

Terrorists organizations that seek anonymity in countries with governments that allow them to exist are at risk through the very same "spy" material that they use.  Not all anti-terrorists are a function of a government.  There are some, and perhaps more as they realize their effectiveness, that don't need permission to seek out an enemy.

Thank You Sponsors!