iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dusted off the mill yesterday

Started by brdmkr, July 21, 2010, 11:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I finally cleaned the carb on the ole Lucas and sawed up a pretty nice red oak yesterday.  I cut about 200 bdft of 8/4 and a couple of 6x6 beams.  I'm hoping that they will air dry to the point that I can put them in the kiln around Christmas.  I'm planning on making a bed with the fruits of my labors.  It sure felt good to run the mill again.  I had 4 BIG pine logs delivered about 3 weeks ago that I need to cut.  I am sure they are a nice shade of blue by now :)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

customsawyer

I thought I could hear it running. Sounded like it skipped a couple of times when you first started. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

brdmkr

It did skip!  Howd you know?

About 2 weeks ago (before I cleaned the carb) I am sure that it smoked enough that you could have seen it over your way.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!