iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need advice

Started by lord_kenwolf, January 27, 2007, 01:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

im
Reminds me of years back when I was helping a fellow cut butternut trees. One of his University friends wanted to help (forestry background, but no logging experience). So he was given an 8'4" stick, and a single bit axe, to make an axe mark where the logs should be bucked. Started out just fine, but then I noticed the logs I was skidding and loading were coming up short. Come to find out, every once in awhile, the stick would get the end chopped off, but the guy went right on measuring as if nothing had happened. A good number of mis-bucked logs that day. Most of it went into panelling, so the log length wasn't crucial. Just is a nuisance to stack the lumber neatly when stickering.

Kinda like my roomy in college, who was a freshman. He couldn't tie his tie without the small end being too long. So he would just take the scissors and cut the small end back an inch or two, so it "wasn't" too long anymore. Couldn't get across to him that his ties were just getting shorter and shorter, that learning to tie them right in the first place was important. Guess he probably ended up with more new ties than I did, so maybe he had the right idea all along.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

leweee

shorter sticks & ties. ;D 8) :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!