iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you get customers to stack their lumber properly?

Started by Joe Hillmann, April 12, 2017, 01:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitts

Quote from: 4x4American on April 12, 2017, 07:43:12 PM
It's hard to get people who have never stacked lumber to sticker stack properly.  I have a friend who comes and helps me every so often on the weekends and he can never seem to keep a square stack.  I'm sawing and he's stacking so I'm not paying attention to him, then I turn around take one look shut the mill down and tell him it looks like a boy scout stacked that pile of wood is that the best you got??? :D

Hey now!

Most of my boy scouts could do it right.  At least if you took the 1st year scouts out of it.  The 11 year olds are always a little squirrely.  You just have to make sure you get no more than 1 or maybe 2 boys working on it.

moodnacreek

If you think showing people how to sticker lumber is hard , try telling them how to cut down their hardwood trees without splitting the but log. Then try to them how to buck out good logs.  I don't try anymore.

GDinMaine

I always tell them, if the lumber is not stickered, it will rot and it will not be any good even for kindling. I tell them how it should be done. If they pay me I will sticker the lumber. After that it is up to them.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!