iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eating Pop's Pears

Started by Magicman, August 28, 2010, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I went over to the tree farm and did some herbicide spraying this morning.  When I drove up a doe and little one were busy chomping on pears.  She finally spotted me and spooked.  I watched them leave and then looked back toward the pear tree.  I thought that there was another deer but, well what do you know, I guess old gobblers like pears also.

I'm getting looked at.

Standing in the same spot 2 minutes later.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

So you don't like pears? :D

With those animals eating the farm produce, be a lot less gamy taste eh? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

It will be another 3 weeks before they ripen.  That old gal was standing on her hind legs and gathering them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Need something to take the legs out from under her, take away the incentive to eat the pears. :D

Feed some old wormy apples or something. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

No apples here.  This old Pear tree that my Mom planted in 1937 is the only game in town until the Persimmons start falling. 

These pears will actually start ripening in about 3 weeks.

Onthesauk

Lots of pears on ours for a couple few weeks before these will be ready.  But 50 feet away someone has been eating all my plums, and here a big pile of bear scat.  Suppose he's going to eventually get around to the pears.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

SwampDonkey

Coons been eat'n my apples and Acorns. I have early apples here, "yellow transparent" and "New Brunswicker". They are pretty much gone bye. Makes some of the best sauce, they are juicy and sweet, foam up in the pot when cook'n.  8)

indiaxman1

Neighbor makes pear wine....very good stuff..grew up with peaches in back...one freestone..other cling...bore heavily for some years in 50's...dad made peach wine...sister was taking chemistry...brought home still fixings....wine became real strong brandy....all my friends wanted to visit

Thank You Sponsors!