iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sticker stain ?

Started by trapper, November 30, 2017, 06:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

My tree trimmer friend took my stickers with his lumber.  Will using some of the poorer  fresh spruce logs for stickers cause sticker stain on the spruce lumber?  If so how long should I let the stickers air dry before cutting the rest of the logs?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

moodnacreek

Spruce sticks dry very fast; stood up, in a dry place. Never plane them, throw away the thi9ck and thin.  The rougher they are the better. To me, spruce makes the best sticker.

xlogger

I don't let my stickers go with lumber. I use cedar for my stickers, so if you cut them 1" you get about 10 out of a 1x6x8. So you sell the board for around $7 I charge $.75 per sticker if they want them and really don't care if they don't take them. Stickers are a pain to me to cut but for sure I don't cut my good boards up just use edging. But why should I give something away that I have to pay for and do extra work for.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!