iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bugpeople's Butt and pass build thread

Started by bugpeople, December 19, 2017, 08:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Every day :D. Lord its hard to be humble. When you're on the porch rocking chair living those memories again, which will mean more, and go with that if you can  :).

bugpeople

Well, he wasn't feeling well when I got there Friday. All that frustration and anxiety over losing friends evaporated. I finished up all the welding, just need to drill holes to connect all the track together. I'll post some pics and stuff probably tomorrow- When I get out there today, I'll bolt the whole thing together, level it, and maybe cut a rafter. We'll see.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bugpeople

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on February 20, 2018, 05:09:17 PM
blade is dull
Awesome. Thanks. The thing came with two replacement blades-  I'll try them.

bugpeople

I just searched youtube and found a sharpening video- I'm going to try that, too.  Here's a post I wrote about the new 30' track I made (which is working great): Log Home Journey

Jeff

Let me make a post here that all Forestry Forum members can read so you know what kind of guy this bugpeople is.

He came on and broke a rule. Actually a couple of them. He posted a political post in his topic and it was also made only to encourage people to visit his blog where he would be adding content instead of here and sign up for his channels.
His post was removed and he was told why content needed to be here, so if he were to change his interests in the future and remove his blog or photos there, that the contest would still be alive and well here on the forum.

So what does he do, he goes and deletes his posts and photos here that he had posted.  Nice guy eh?  Well, he has been banned, but I've left his username in case you come across him somewhere. Remember, he was a guy that defaced our Forestry Forum.

Quote from: Jeff on March 27, 2018, 09:52:27 AM
If you want to share it, share it here. The purpose for this website is not to promote yours. The reason for the content being here, is that I have control over it and it will be here in the future.  If you decide to move or remove your blog, move your videos, delete content because it no longer seems relevant to your life, you won't be deleting Forestry Forum content.

Banjo picker

Thanks for clearing up what was going on Jeff.  I kept coming across"hi" and didn't know what to make of it.  I figured someone had deleated their posts.   The way you run this forum is tops.  Thank you. Many times I have went to sites to get a look at something and guess what its not there anymore.  We like it just the way you do it.   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

alan gage

Quote from: Jeff on March 27, 2018, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: Jeff on March 27, 2018, 09:52:27 AM
If you want to share it, share it here. The purpose for this website is not to promote yours. The reason for the content being here, is that I have control over it and it will be here in the future.  If you decide to move or remove your blog, move your videos, delete content because it no longer seems relevant to your life, you won't be deleting Forestry Forum content.
It's a hassle for me to upload separate photos to this forum since I usually already have them stored on Flickr but I certainly understand why and appreciate the effort you go to to keep all the content on this website. A professional website I belong to for my profession is the same way and it makes sure the archives stay valuable. Since photobuket screwed everyone over last year many forums have had their content gutted. I've learned a ton digging through old posts on this site and it's so nice to always have the pictures available.
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Jeff

Don't bet against Flickr photos or Facebook photos doing the same thing as pbucket one day. Advertising in a warehouse is not a sustainable business model.

jason.weir

Kind of off topic three times over but...

There is no doubt the decision to require images to be local to the forum is the right one.

Been a part of too many forums where past knowledge is lost and posts rendered useless due to image hosting changes.

I'm not much of a web developer and certainly didn't stay at a holiday inn last night, but...

I wonder if there is a plugin for SMF (or could be created) that would allow images to be included in posts from wherever and those images would be automatically added to the users gallery (or a general forum cache).  It would make things easier for the poster.

There could also be a benefit to Jeff as well - by default the image would be loaded from where it originated, saving untold gigabytes in bandwidth.  If the image no longer exists it would be loaded from the gallery\cache.

When image hosting sites disappear totally, it could be blacklisted entirely without losing any images.

All seamless and behind the scenes...

Just an idea...

-J

Jeff

All of which promotes copyright issues. A photo to be used here needs to be your property or you need to have expressed permission to use it. You can bet your sweet bippy if the copyright police come calling I will give them all the information they need for the person in violation.  Its happened. It does happen. Just finding a picture on line and using it here is very very risky as there are outfits out there that are hoping you use their photo so they can come after you.

I have no wish what so ever to make it any easier for someone to post a photo than it is now. it is not that hard, and if one does not want to take the little bit of time to figure it out, then, we don't need or want to see it. Its worked for 18 years, I see no need to change anything more than I did this past spring.

Thank You Sponsors!