iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framing journal

Started by trhill, August 26, 2016, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trhill

I am looking for info on scribe rule. Are there a few articles in the archive of "Timber Framing"? I'm thinking about buying the digital archive of that or Joiners Quarterly. Which do you recommend? Thanks

Roger Nair

Timber Framing has at least 3 times the number of issues and a wider scope than Joiners Quarterly, so on most topics you will find more variety and depth with TF, however, Robert Chambers has a series on log work in JQ.  For scribing, TF is the clear leader in value.
An optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds, the pessimist fears that the optimist is correct.--James Branch Cabell

Chilterns

A number of aditional articles about scribing irregular timbers are listed on the Oxfordshire Woodland Group web forum with an article written by Paul Russell first published in The Architects Journal in 1992 that tells just about all that you need to know.

Don't forget your joint slop !

Chilterns

trhill

I just got the digital archive of Timber Framing. What an awesome value. The articles on scribing by Will Beemer are a huge help.  I have all the well known books on timber framing and even still this is well worth the $175.

Brad_bb

This book is a compilation of Articles published by the guild and has some good scribe articles as well as a wealth of other good info.  Worth having.
http://www.tfguild.org/store/timber-framing-fundamentals
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!