iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's this?

Started by PAmizerman, December 04, 2018, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAmizerman

This dooflicky came with my bms250 sharpener. What's it for?

@MartyParsons 
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

terrifictimbersllc

For aligning the wheel mount to the blade clamp in case things were taken apart or moved.  I think it gets mounted on the arbor in place of the wheel and the 3 points align to one face of the clamp when it is correctly adjusted.  

You don't change those 3 pointed bolts or the nuts that are on the guide or you just ruined it. 

If I recall correctly there is a roll pin keeping the arbor from being tilted wrong,  so the other part that could be moved on the setter is the blade clamp.

You could need it if your unit falls off of the stand onto the floor.

I'm 90% sure of what I just wrote and have told you more than I know already.  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Southside

Not sure on the procedure but you are right on the purpose, PA the book does go into detail on how to use it, I read it but have not had to use it.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Brucer

I got one with my really old (second hand) WM drag sharpener. The former owner didn't know what it was for, but told me never to touch the 3 set screws. Just for "fun", I found the instructions and tried it out to be sure my sharpener was properly set up. It was.

The only reason that I started sharpening my own blades was that the service I had been using suddenly had a real quality problem. I knew something had changed when every second blade in a box would dive instantly on the first cut, while the other blades cut well.

It turns out the guy had bought a second sharpener and started using it straight out of the box. He had not bothered to check the alignment with that tool (said he didn't know he was supposed to) and screwed up half the blades I sent him. I gather he had a lot of unhappy customers after that. I gave him another chance but his quality was erratic.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

JamieK

It is definitely the alignment tool. It is discussed in section 6 of the manual.You will enjoy that sharpener very much.

What are you using for setting? I purchased the BMT100 and I absolutely love it. It is a bit slower than the 150 but the quality and accuracy is second to none. 
Wood-Mizer LT70 full line, BMS250, BMT100, Moffet M5,Nyle L200M, Lucas mill model 7 with slabbing attachment and planer attachment

PAmizerman

I'll have to look through the manual again. I didn't see anything on it. 

@JamieK  I got the bmt250 automatic.
I went all out on the equipment when it was on sale. I debated going the cheaper route on the setter but figured I might be sorry. I can't wait to get everything ready.

I ran out of sharp blades and have customers waiting so I had to buy another box of blades. Hopefully that will get me through until I can get sharpening.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

JamieK

I am having serious tool envy. You will love that sharpener. I was using Wood-Mizers resharp service and was not happy with what I was getting back from them. They were sharp but the set was always jacked up. For me the experience has been night and day. I advertised sharpening blades on FB Market place and now have 3 customers that I sharpen for
Wood-Mizer LT70 full line, BMS250, BMT100, Moffet M5,Nyle L200M, Lucas mill model 7 with slabbing attachment and planer attachment

PAmizerman

I have a guy that wants me to sharpen for him. I told him I would but I need to get a little practice in and once I feel comfortable I'll start offering sharpening for others.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

tawilson

Jamie, do you have different profile wheels and swap them out for your customers or did you find people that use the same blades as you? I had someone ask me about sharpening but am hesitant about changing anything cause everything is working so good.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Thank You Sponsors!