iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Service Route

Started by cypresskayaksllc, January 20, 2012, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cypresskayaksllc

The mobile service guy Bob stopped by this morning. Originally I didnt think I needed him to stop by. The mill was working great. However I decided that it would be nice to have a second opinion. Sure enough he caught two problems that could have cost me hundreds later down the road if they were now fixed soon. One of the  cam follower bearings was totally seized and the hydraulic fluid was low. I also got a few things aligned and a new track oiler. All this for not a whole lot of money. You sure get a lot of value for your money with WM. -Satisfied customer 
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Magicman

I have used that service 3 times during the past 10 years.  Yes, it is a valuable service and money well spent.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

I have had Bob service my mill every year for the past 4 years, I think it pays me to have it done. I always learn something as Bob is doing the service. Talked to JB at WM yesterday, Bob is scheduled to be at my place late Feb.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

dlabrie

After reading your posts, I was wondering how big an area Bob   covers and if they would cover NH.

I went to the WM service pagehttps://www.woodmizer.com/us/OwnerCenter/CustomerService/ServiceRoutesPackages.aspx
and learned that they have service routes around the country and that NH was in April. They also have different service plans available.

I post this for the newbies, like me, that may have had the same question. pc_smiley

If the rep is on his normal yearly route, do you have to pay mileage or is it just by the hour on site?

David in NH

Magicman

Mileage does not matter.  You pay a standard travel fee and the serviceman goes to your sawmill, wherever it is.  You are not required to purchase a Silver, Gold, or Platinum service.  Your work can be done on hourly rate, which is quite reasonable.  Also for example, you might choose a Silver service and additional work done on hourly rate.   The service options are endless.

I like the fact that Bob is not just there to make adjustments.  He has an eye for normal wear items that need attention or replacement, and his truck is loaded with parts.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

I noticed Iowa didn't rate being on that map of routes, wonder why.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My first check-up will be in March. I hate needles!  :'(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooney

Norm, we usually alternate the service loop states annually. So states that did not have service loops last year get them this year. Depending on where you live in Iowa, you might be able to get in on the Missouri or Wisconsin routes this year. You can use our service request form (below), or just call in to check.

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/OwnerCenter/CustomerService/RequestService.aspx

Norm

Thanks Mooney, poor choice of words on my part.

Magicman

Jake, are you saying that Mississippi "will not" or even "may not" be on the loop next year?  I was planning to skip this year, but depending upon your answer, may have to rethink that decision.

Mooney

@ Norm,   ;), your comment made me laugh. I knew you didn't mean anything by it.

@ Magicman, I'll doublecheck with JB tomorrow. For some reason he's not answering his phone  :D

Stephen1

I will have to convince the boys up here to put a route together for us. I was actually thinking of taking my mill down to WM for some service here in the cold north. It's not a long drive for me , about an hour each way. It is a 93 lt40hd with 825 hrs on it now, I bought it it with 725 hrs in the fall. I am thinking it wouldn't hurt to have the expert look at.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

MartyParsons

Hello,
  We do service at our loaction in PA and in our area. I can be at your location if you need me quickly if needed. There are times I try to complete more than one service on the same trip to save the owner some money. We can always schedule you to bring the mill to our shop for service. We also try to have the owner days twice every year to help you service your own mill. This spring the owner day is scheduled for Friday April 27.
The service guys from Indy also come to our area and catch the owners who request the service during the scheduled route.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Mooney

Update for the Man of Magic  :D

Selection of states for service depends largely on how many requests for service we get throughout the year, either via phone or through our online request form at http://www.woodmizer.com/us/OwnerCenter/CustomerService/RequestService.aspx.

Some states we do every year, some every couple of years. But we make those decisions based on the feedback from the customer base. Also, if you're not all that far from a current state, we might be able to include you in that route (may be a bit extra, but you would know about it before your service and could make your decision based on the figures.)

So, we have not scheduled next year until we see where the demand is. So go ahead and request some service if you're hoping your state will be on the list next year  ;)

And like Marty said, service can be arranged at our 20 North American facilities as well.

Magicman

Thanks Jake.  Your response is typical WM.  Top of the line customer service !!  Since I am only 1300 hours past my last service and have nothing obviously out of whack, I will look toward next year.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I got verification that Bob will be coming by this March to check out my mill and he will also be checking another LT40 3 miles away.

I was wondering if anyone else is on the list for a check up in S.C. or Southern N.C.?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!