iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strawberries

Started by sawguy21, June 17, 2017, 12:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

We have the first local strawberries this morning, man oh man are they ever good.  8) I will have to hide them from Karen, she can't leave them alone.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Ours are coming. I worked in a you pick strawberry field. Guess what I had for breakfast each morning I was there??   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Two bowls with ice cream for dessert tonight. DanG it, I feel guilty but can't help myself

Grizzly

sawguy - do you know any orchards where we could come pick up our years worth of fruit? well that idea anyway. We've gone by lots of fruit stands and bought small quantities but we'd like to pick up fresh and bring home for canning and such. I'm thinking road trip time and i'll drop off some bands in Kamloops for sharpening. desired fruits would be apples, peaches, pears, strawberrys (but certainly no raspberrys!!), and a bunch more my wife will want. probably several hundred pounds all totaled up.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

sawguy21

I don't know if that could be done. Peaches are over a month away, apples not until September. I can't think of a cold storage facility where you could buy large quantities off the dock at the end of the season. Soft fruits don't keep well, they need to be shipped and processed as soon as possible to ensure they don't over ripen and rot in storage.

Thank You Sponsors!