iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You Know You Love Wood When....

Started by Ga_Boy, February 06, 2006, 08:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

You glue your logs back together so they are long enough to mill.....

One of my customers found some Cedar along side the road.  It seems the power company guys cut it before he came along.

I was able to mill one of the logs, it was about 4 feet, but the other two were jut too short.

Well, being determined, he glued the two shorts back together and brought them back.....

Here is the  picture I was sent to see if I could mill it.

Here is the log bunked and ready to mill

Here is the log opened up

Here is a close up of the opened log

Here is one of the three 8/4 slabs we got out of this one

Mark

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Part_Timer

I've glued up a lot of small pieces of lumber to make a project but I've never glued up firewood to make lumber :D

Good on ya for cutting it for him.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

getoverit

I think I've seen it all now  :D Gluing up firewood to make logs  :D

Man, thats really wanting some cedar, aint it?

I know, I know..... after all that effort, ya just HAD to cut it up  smiley_thumbsup_grin
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Fred

How bout some oak walnut maple log? Looks like he did a good job gluing it togather..
                        Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

GF

First time I have seen or heard of that.

Todd

And I thought I was having a hard time getting logs... ;)
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Snag

I think the same principal would work around these parts.  Only difference is, we use duct tape.....

jpgreen

I thought that was just a west coast thang..  ??? :-*
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

treecyclers

You know you love wood when...
...You live in the desert and the cactus start looking pretty good for milling!
...You see a tree on the golf course with a burl on it, and start scheming........
...You see the local firewood hoggers with a load of larger stuff and your trigger finger starts ta itchin!
...A tree over 24" at the base makes you drool!
...a tree company in Phoenix calls with a 36" eucalyptus in July...and you SERIOUSLY consider it!
...Your girlfriend breaks up with you because "logs are more important to you than I am!"
...You'd rather have a 24" log on the mill than pancakes for breakfast!

Now, I KNOW that y'all have other good ones!
Care to share?
8)
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Tom

I'm interested in hearing about that spiffy Timber king you have.  :)

getoverit

Or when a good friend in Indiana says he has some HUGE osage orange trees for free, and all you have to do is come cut them up and haul them off??

I dont even know what osage orange is, but I gotta admit that I was tempted to go cut a few and haul them home to Florida just to find out  :D :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

JimBuis

If you'd gone to Kirk's place in Indiana, you'd have been looking awhile..................he's in Illinois.

Osage Orange or hedge as we call it in that neck of the woods is some of the hardest stuff around.  I've seen hedge fence posts just four inches around that were stuck in the ground over 50 years ago still holding a fencing staple with pieces of fence still hanging there long after the fence had turned to dust!! :o  And that was with no creosote or any of that chemical stuff.

I wish I had been there.

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

TexasTimbers

:D :D :D

Y'all beat me to it. After I stared reading the thread I thought to myself "well this is a no-brainer for me to say ... ' You know you love wood when you leave Texas full of Bois' D Arc to drive to Iliinois to cut Bois D' Arc!' "  :D  :D  :D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!