iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 Auto Down problem

Started by Just Right, May 30, 2018, 09:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Right

Good morning all.  I have tried to find this problem on the site for the last two days and have read a lot of good info,  but haven't found it yet.

When using the auto down sawing a log,  sometimes it doesn't stay where I set it.  Position 1.  Say for a 1 inch drop.  When I get back for another cut it may be on position 5.  Now when I see where the blade is lined up I move it back.  It doesn't happen all the time,  just occasionally.  Is there a service or cleaning I can do to the touch pad or is it telling me that is about to quit working? 

As always thanks in advance for any insight.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Percy

Thats a slightly different one than I just had. My old panel went postal on me by rapidly cycling between manual and preset(go to) #1. The panel was beat and the pushy things were sticking...perhaps your problem??
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Just Right

Percy

I replaced it. Mine was one of the earlier accuset 2 models and did not have a replaceable membrane...If yours has a replaceable membrane...and of course, if that is the problem, then it should be a relativly inexpensive fix....compared to me.....approx 1000.00 Canadian....in its defence, mine was nearly 10 years old.
Accuset 2 front panel swallows the big onion..... in Sawmills and Milling

Just Right

Mine is a 2013 model so I would think I can get another membrane.  The price doesn't sound to bad.  Thanks for the input.

PAmizerman

My accuset II will sometimes forget where it is but not very often. It is only a year old.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Just Right

For 60.00 I will get a new part and see how it acts.

sparks

Look at the back of your display panel and see if it is encased in a sealer. If it is you cannot replace any parts of that board.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Just Right

Thank you.  I will give it a look see.

Just Right

Well. . . .I replaced the membrane and still same problem.  It is not encased on the back.  I have noticed it will even act up when I am in the accy key mode without the engine running.  Also it does the same thing in the pattern mode also.  It has the C 21 software on it if that makes a difference to anyone.

Percy

Quote from: Just Right on June 16, 2018, 11:43:18 PM
Well. . . .I replaced the membrane and still same problem.  It is not encased on the back.  I have noticed it will even act up when I am in the accy key mode without the engine running.  Also it does the same thing in the pattern mode also.  It has the C 21 software on it if that makes a difference to anyone.

Well, thats a bummer....There is a slot on the accuset panel for an SD card/drive/whatever. Id call woodmizer and get them to send you the latest version of software for the panel and see if that works...kinda like rebooting you computer....that "might' work....heh...sorry for the bum steer above... ;D

Just Right

I will check on the update.  I did notice today sawing that it only acted up when things warmed up.  So I am thinking something needs to be replaced.  The screen was hazy and needed replacing anyway.  Its all good.

sparks

You could try a reboot to see if it removes the glitch.

Set the downward tooth of the blade 12 inches about a bed rail.

Get the gradient number off the transducer tag.

Hold down the button that has the hand on it and turn the key to accessory.
The screen will ask if you want to set to default.
Press yes.

Reprogram the gradient into the program.
Reset the 12 inch on the screen.

See you still have the issue. If you do you will be replacing the Accuset 2 front panel.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Just Right

Thank you Sparks.  I will give that a try this evening or in the morning.  I just replied to your email before I saw this.  Thank you Sir.

Just Right

Sparks,  

I tried the reboot with no luck.  Then I had a drum switch go bad.  Got the switch today and will put it all back together when I get home.

Just Right

Well all said and done,  I tried everything.  Reboots,  cleaning,  readjusting etc. . . . . .Got a new front panel.  Sparks and Marty worked with me and many thanks to both of them.  Got the part installed today and just got finished sawing a few logs with out an issue.  Other than sweating and then getting rained out!  But it didn't jump around on me.

petefrom bearswamp

Glad your problem is solved.
I have had a few glitches with my 2008 accuset.
It sometimes doesnt make a calibrated cut even when the display reads the proper drop.
Also I cant set the lower index lower than 1" when in the computer mode only get below 1" when in manual.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Just Right

I know how that feels.  Sparks and Marty are by far the best ones to point you in the right direction.  My mill was a demo out of Texas and I don't know how long it sat in the weather and did nothing.  So I am hoping this problem was just from neglect prior to me getting the machine.  When I had my plane,  if it wasn't exercised,  it would break just sitting there.  

Percy

Quote from: Just Right on July 07, 2018, 10:52:20 AM
I know how that feels.  Sparks and Marty are by far the best ones to point you in the right direction.  My mill was a demo out of Texas and I don't know how long it sat in the weather and did nothing.  So I am hoping this problem was just from neglect prior to me getting the machine.  When I had my plane,  if it wasn't exercised,  it would break just sitting there.  
Are we talking "airplane"? If so, better for it to break "just sitting there" :D :D

Just Right

Yes sir air plane.  And you are correct.  Breaking on the ground just cost you money.  Breaking in the air and you have a lil more pucker factor.  That has happened too.

Thank You Sponsors!