iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Electric Motors

Started by Greg Cook, February 10, 2008, 08:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Cook

Can y'all share some info about the electric WoodMizers?  All I can find on the WM site is the the Hydraulic mills are available with a 25 hp 3-phase. I know one member's is 208V.  Is 240V 3-phase available How many amps does is pull at full load?  What size breaker is required?  I know the lift and feed motors are 12-volt (DC, I assume?) What about the hydraulic pump? How much voltage and amperage required there?

What is the maximum height on the mills with electric motors?

Also, you folks that have the electric mills set up in your shed that is metered seperately from the house...how many kW hours are you averaging on your monthly bill? Saw, edger, dust blowers and all.

Thanks!

Greg
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

MartyParsons

Height with saw head up Max is 11'
25 hp is available with 230 or 460 volts  56 amps on the 230 volt and 28 amps on the 460
230 V wire size is 3 awg up to 50 ft 100 amp breaker
460V 60 amps 6 AWG up yo 50'
Vertical travel distance of saw head electrical hook -up is 8'3"

There is usually a question weather you have high or low voltage.
Wood-Mizer has a soft start system Y Delta?
Rick may verify this on Monday.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Bibbyman

Maybe I'm safe in adding this.... Sparks can correct me tomorrow if I'm wrong.

The LT40 Super series with electric motor uses 12v DC motors (2) to run the hydraulic pumps.  They are the same as on the engine powered mills.

I think the newer all-AC LT70 series mill with electric motor has a 3ph AC motor on the hydraulic pump.  I don't know the HP.  It would require its own wiring – disconnect, fuses, cable, etc.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sparks

Here are the 25hp motor specs for the LT30/ 40/50 Super sawmills. I hope this helps.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!