iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A nice claro walnut

Started by tule peak timber, March 25, 2014, 07:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Yes , we did put put 8x8 ridge on top,  then corrugated steel roofing, then tied the whole mess down with 1/2 inch line. Lots of hot sun and occasional very HIGH winds !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

WDH

That is a well prepared stack. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That stack qualifies as a whack.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That stack makes me sick!  :D
I hope the wind blows it all the way to South Carolina.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tule peak timber

I need to laugh..we had a call from North Carolina this morning about purchasing one of the slabs . :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 16, 2014, 10:05:23 PM
I need to laugh..we had a call from North Carolina this morning about purchasing one of the slabs . :D

That's close enough.  ;D How much are those slabs?

Magicman

Don't let Poston be your sales agent.  He will sell every one of them for $300 each.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 16, 2014, 10:08:38 PM
Don't let Poston be your sales agent.  He will sell every one of them for $300 each.   :o

Thats probably half the shipping.  :)

tule peak timber

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WDH

Well, it they are going for $300, I will take a couple  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Absolutely spectacular display of a quality log, and the perfect machine and operator for the job!  I can only imagine that Lucas will be receiving many calls over the summer, and beyond from this posting.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tule peak timber

Thanks drobertson .Yes we are really happy with the Lucas performance for sure!  ;D As far as distributing these nice slabs to friends here on the Forum, unfortunately my wife said no...The next Claro log in the deck is over six feet in diameter at the butt flutes but only weighs in at 17600 lbs, a lot smaller than the big one. No milling today as we anxiously await pictures from the sycamore project 3 at Customsawyers place !! Cheers  Rob

5quarter

Rob...Tremendous work and really exceptional wood! The only time I ever get to work with Claro in on the occasional piano case. I'd love get a few seedlings and see if I can get em to winter over here in NE. Our library has a couple bald cypress out front of the building and they're doing well, I even have two Sitka spruce in my wind break! ;) 8) 8) 8)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!