Sponsors:

sawlex

Started by lmbeachy, May 08, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbeachy

Does anyone know, is there going to be a show this year
hotfoot

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The Sawlex show has changed its name and location to eastern Ohio and is now part of the Paul Bunyan Show.  It will be Oct 3-4, 2014.  It will be at the Guernsey County Fairgrounds, off of I-70.  It still has the ShootOut and Firewood processors too.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

John S

I believe that they alternate years between the Sawmill Shootout and the Firewood Processors.  I think the Sawmill event is due in 2015.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

This year will have sawmills. I am already scheduled for seminars.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

dboyt

If you are referring to the Portable Sawmill Shoot-Out sponsored by the Sawmill & Woodlot Management magazine, the event is, as Gene says, part of the Paul Bunyan show in Ohio.  John S is right.  We'll be running firewood processors this year (2014).  There will, however be a large number of mills in the exhibit area and sawing & lumber workshops.

Here's a link: http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=PBSShowFacts
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

beenthere

QuoteWe'll be running firewood processors this year (2014).

dboyt
Maybe I am just confused and should know, but who is "We" ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jim_Wahl

BT,

Dave is the official MC for the sawmill and firewood processor shootouts. He does a fantastic job at keeping the crowd informed and entertained, and making sure everything goes smoothly and safely!
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

dboyt

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.  I always enjoy the Shoot-Outs (especially the sawmills).

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The original Shoot Out was more of a contest, but Dave has developed it into more of an information session with a good opportunity to see the mills in action.  It is indeed awesome and his narration is super.

dboyt

Thanks, Gene.  I think I'll bring my guitar this year.  What are your seminar topics?

Thank You Sponsors!