iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff, you sneaky dog,  you!

Started by Texas Ranger, December 09, 2002, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

This whole Christmas contest was nothing more than to trim by pro Texas, pro Texan, text from under my name.

I will get even, I will post more and more Texana.

Just you wait, Henry Higgins.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

ADfields

Don
("Which means I will have to redo my profile in a month.")

Just keep it, this time of year will be back quick as a flash!
Andy

Jeff

I think he should change it now.

He never mentioned the Alamo.

He Never mentioned Buddy Holly

He never mentioned John Wayne

He never mentioned how BBQ Pig don't count as BBQ unless its shoved in a steer.

He never mentioned wood Nymphs

For God's sake never mentioned Sue

He never mentioned GUNS!

He never mentioned the best quality hat he ever got other then maybe Gov. issue came from ME

He never mentioned how knowing someone from Michigan has changed his views, probably changed his life for the better and convinced him that at least some Yankees were alright and probably could fit right in even in the LSS.

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

ADfields

Jeff
Now all he needs to do is past your post over ther after what he has now and he will have it all covered!  :D ;D
Andy

Tom

Yee hi-i--i !   Go gett'em cowboy.That Texas thing is PRIDE! and a smattering of what might be found in the proverbial matchbox. :D  A friend of mine moved form Fla. to Texas and you'd think he had been born there. That stuff is terribly contagious. :D

Texas Ranger

Well, thankee, Tom, I accept those accolades with a humble Texas heart.  As in deep in the heart of, ah, never mind..................... ;D

ADfields

Now dont tell Don this but in all my wondering about all the 50 states Texas was ------------------------------well------------------one of them! ;D :)

Just kidding Don.   I will say if your in Texas and walk into a food joint you will be well fed with great food no mater what name is on the place!! 8)  Thay do know how to COOK down ther now!
Andy

Tom

Yeah, we taught them how.  Most of those fellows came from Georgia, Alabama, South and North Carolina and Tennessee way back when.  You can't pass through here without learning about good vittles. :D

Don P

Tom

I cherish my Bob Wills album  ah-h hah-h-h

Paul_H

I was looking for a song that he recorded during WWII.

There will be a sad day coming,for the foes of all mankind.
They must answer to the people,and it's troubling their mind.
Everybody who must fear them,will rejoice on that great day.
When the power of dictators,shall be taken all away.

Chorus
There'll be smoke on the water,on the land and the sea,
when our army and navy,over take the enemy....

I had that song on a old cassette,that is long gone.I liked his music too.I still add  ahh  hah,aa, to other artists songs that need it.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

:D :DI do the same thing :D :D

How many of us out here do you reckon are afflicted with this strange Texas Tourette's Syndrome. :D

Paul_H

Hopefully millions Tom 8)

Some songs have that natural pause in them.

Now I know the name of my condition, :D TTS
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Texas Ranger

Tom, we took the worst from the rest and came up with the best, what can I tell ya.  As far as cooking goes, we DID NOT learn to bar-b-que from folks that call hog bar-b-que.  Or cook without jalopenos, or cumin, or file, or rice, or rattlesnake, well, maybe not that last one. ;)

Ahhhhh Hahhhhhhhh.  Where else but Texas could ya get the Texas Dough Boys.

Jeff

Tom

Beef's good but hogs're best when you're bar-b-cueing.  That's a lot different around here than just cookin' over an open fire.  You can't beat beef over flame when you want a tasty roast or steak but pork stands up to the mustard and tomato based sauces without getting all dried out and tough.  A little cayenne wakes up the taste buds but it's the hickory, oak, cherry or red bay that really makes you roll your eyes, fall down prostrate on your back in the hot sand and kick your feet. mmm--mm mm  Love that hog meat. ;D

swampwhiteoak

Beef is for hamburgers or steaks.  Real BBQ is pork or mutton cooked over a hickory pit.

Texas Ranger

MUTTON?!  GAG! ::)

Beef, it's whats for dinner.  And you don't need all that tomatoe and mustard casing to make it taste good.

Tom

Your right Don, you don't need'em but mmmmmmmmmboy that mustard sauce is so-o--o--o good. ;D

CHARLIE

Actually boys.....Florida is the 2nd largest beef producing state in the U.S. but a Florida Cracker knows that there's more to eatin' than eatin' a cow. Florida Crackers want variety. Heck, they BBQ both beef and pork but pork just seems not to overpower the BBQ flavor like beef. ;)  Now y'all ain't et nothin' til you've sunk yore teeth into some BBQ gator tail. They ain't got that in Texas...... ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

What's that they used to say in the Tuna Commercial?  SORRY CHARLIE!

Texas Ranger

What's that they used to say in the Tuna Commercial?  SORRY CHARLIE!  Bar b que gator is an old thing here, as is most anything else that was alive at one time.  One of the first things you do in Texas before trying a "new" Mexican restauant is to check and see if there are any dogs in the neighbor hood.  No dogs, no eat. :P

With our diverse culture, there aint much a Texan of some heritage or the other hasn't had in the cood pot.

Thank You Sponsors!