iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grit's Again

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Y'all never ate breakfast in the south, or you would know, wouldn't they Danny?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

I like that grits in a bowl. Good idea. That way it don't touch the good food and us Yankees can take it and set it on the floor for the dog.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

You have a dog that will actually eat grits?? I never heard of such a thing.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

thecfarm

starmac,not my dog. She's a Yankee. I mean when I go down South and order breakfast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

TR,

Is the Old Crew still gathering for Breakfast?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

The survivors, lost a few.

petefrom bearswamp

Been down with a cold the last week, but now am feeling good enough to have a breakfast
Took this page from Lynn's book
Unfortunately my taster is still off so cant vouch for the flavor and I overcooked the sunny side up egg.

We'll see if my system can take it
I also added some maple syrup after I ate the egg.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Fuel in your tank there Pete!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

starmac

Texas Ranger

Jeff

I thought this was relevant to the topic title.  This morning I had Blueberry pancakes and pork sausage for breakfast, so, I didn't have Grits again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I just might have easy over eggs,toast,fried potatoes for supper.
Releavant?

Jeff

As long as you didn't eat grits again i think it is. If you do eat grits Ray, we'll need a whole new topic.

thecfarm

Well,I guess we won't be taking up space with that topic.

WDH

Well, I think that this is relevant.  I had sausage, bacon, biscuits, maple syrup, grits, and a fried egg over easy for breakfast with my family yesterday.  There are a few things that are immutable:

1).  Gravity.  What goes up must come down.
2).  E= MC Squared.  The old energy and mass thing.
3).  Goats will eat anything.
3).  Yankees talk funny and generally do not eat grits.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Quote from: WDH on March 19, 2018, 07:12:48 AM
Well, I think that this is relevant.  I had sausage, bacon, biscuits, maple syrup, grits, and a fried egg over easy for breakfast with my family yesterday.  There are a few things that are immutable:

1).  Gravity.  What goes up must come down.
2).  E= MC Squared.  The old energy and mass thing.
3).  Goats will eat anything.
3).  Yankees talk funny and generally do not eat grits.
Well I guess #3 is right,but depends on what #3 I mean.
You guess which #3 I mean. :D
I can add a to that.

3).  Southern people talk about how good something is,but then they have to mix it with something to make it taste good.
You guess what I mean. :D

Jeff

What on that list do you put the syrup on? No pancakes, no waffles, no French toast, no ice cream. Biscuit?

Texas Ranger

There is a scene in "To Kill A Mockingbird" that explains syrup.

WV Sawmiller

Well, he did mention he had biscuits. That is a good use for syrup. 

That earlier picture of the bowl of grits with the egg sitting on top would have been fine if that was an omelet or scrambled eggs but an easy over egg just messed up the grits.

As far as having to have something else with grits it seems they are the perfect centerpiece and just encourage you to add other dishes and condiments to any meal. More people need to try them at lunch and dinner and realize they aren't just for breakfast.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Texas Ranger

Magicman

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 19, 2018, 09:52:42 AMan easy over egg just messed up the grits

Check the picture in the OP.   ;D  The only problem I saw was that the Grits were a bit thick.   I prefer them to be a looser but of course when the egg gets mixed in it doesn't matter anyway.  Good is good so it looks like a meal to me.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

starmac

Ya know, if you guys would use 2 or 3 eggs, you wouldn't have to use that filler to get full. Just saying.

WDH

Quote from: Jeff on March 19, 2018, 09:12:05 AM
What on that list do you put the syrup on? No pancakes, no waffles, no French toast, no ice cream. Biscuit?
Yes Sir.  Biscuits.  Notice that it is plural :D. 

starmac

I can't recall ever pouring syrup on my biscuits, but do like honey on them, but their main purpose is sopping up the yellows and gravy. Which begs to question MM, where do you put the gravy on that there breakfast plate?

thecfarm

Biscuits!!!! They should be on the old side,so they hold togther better. Good biscuits you can get three ¾ inch thick pieces easy. Cast iron pan and butter. Cook up some taters too and at least 2 over easy eggs with a slice of cheese on top and a good size gub of jelly and some apple sauce. That will stick to your ribs!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!