iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old lt 40 onan engine drive belt question

Started by Polly, March 13, 2008, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly

i  8)    when i got the mill it had a matched set of belts measning two seperate belts i resently saw in my woods belt book that you can purchase two b width belts as one unit attached togather which is correct also should the belts be grip notch or smooth  thanks ??? ???

woodmills1

I have an LT 40 with the onan and my belt is double with notches not smooth.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

MartyParsons

I am not sure exactly which engine you have. If it is a Onan G24 it original had two belts part # P10277 qty2 prior to 7/93 the replacement belt is P10277-2 and it is 2BX74. If you do a search there is information on this issue. Make sure you check the belt tension after the 1st 5 hours and every 50 hours.
Marty
If you do not have a G24 let me know I can get you the proper belt part #
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

olyman

the reason for the two together--individual belts will sometimes roll in the sheaves, which terrorizes belts. cant happen with one piece---

Polly

8)i have been advised to use a matched set of two b width 74 or 2bx74 smooth not grip notch  thanks for all your help  i also need help off bearing the slabs my wife says it dont pay enougt any suggestions  :) :)

WH_Conley

Have used the smooth belts, work fine. Just tell the wife how pretty she looks pulling those slabs.  :D :D
Bill

MartyParsons

Those Part # are Wood-Mizer P10277-2 . The 2BX74 is a Good Year # ?. The belts have Good-Year and Wood-Mizer stamped on them.
Wood-Mizer went to the molded belt because of issues attempting to get matched sets. One just a little sorter and then one belt does all the work. I think we reviewed this before but make sure the sheaves are of the correct angle. I spent one long night trying to get a mill to work with the other guys cheap belt. (and the WM belt turned out to be $ 12.00 cheaper).  ::)
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!