iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A couple gum videos

Started by CCC4, July 17, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

I originally had posted that I swung this tree 45*...however it was actually 90*. My initial cut was the natural lean dominance, it wa headed towards a ERC thicket that I didn't want to hang up in. Face was difficult due to hanging over a 4ft creek bank, using my knee as my lock point. LOL!

2nd video is from yesterday, contract cutting on FS unit. I havent been bringing my camera and decide I needed to make a little video! LOL! As always Thanks for viewing.

http://youtu.be/CcYkt8fKsko?list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

http://youtu.be/1VSjsziYjHo?list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VSjsziYjHo&index=1&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

jwilly3879

CCC4

Maine logger88

Looks good! Is that the 660 you did some work too? Seems to have good power
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thechknhwk

So I take it you don't get poison ivy or oak.

CCC4

Quote from: Maine logger88 on July 18, 2014, 07:21:52 PM
Looks good! Is that the 660 you did some work too? Seems to have good power

Thanks man! That is an older model 066, I cut the internal baffel out of the muffler and added the dual port cover to it. The saw has nice power, I am going to do a top end on it pretty soon. I smashed my 660 a few months back...it's in a box needing some serious attention.  :o 

CCC4

Quote from: thechknhwk on July 18, 2014, 09:30:13 PM
So I take it you don't get poison ivy or oak.

Lullz... no man, I have never got it. I have no idea why either.

beenthere

I didn't used to get it from PI, but then about 40, things changed and now takes very little contact.
However, if I can wash with soap and water within a couple hours of exposure, no rash or itch.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Maine logger88

Yeh I have crushed a few not a good feeling. Do you use your huskys much anymore?

luvmexfood

I get it fairly easy. Couple of weeks ago I cut a tree that had it in it. As quick as I finished up with that tree my p/u was close. In it I had some of the higher strength rubbing alcohol. Poured liberally over my arms and wiped off with paper towels.

That alcohol is pretty handy to carry. It's cheap, can  use to clean minor wounds, it makes a pretty good hand cleaner and not to shabby to use as a degreaser to clean parts in a pinch.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

CCC4

Quote from: Maine logger88 on July 19, 2014, 05:16:08 PM
Yeh I have crushed a few not a good feeling. Do you use your huskys much anymore?

Yeh, the walk of shame is almost unbearable. I never did put my 288XP back together and my 372XP has got some problems that need tending to. I want my 288XP back though, that saw had some good power. I really like the 066"s and 660 series though, even though a slight bit heavy, they have a really good solid feel that I like. The 372 cut really nice and I would use it again, but it's easier to just grab a working saw and go on with your day.

CCC4

Quote from: luvmexfood on July 19, 2014, 07:56:57 PM
I get it fairly easy. Couple of weeks ago I cut a tree that had it in it. As quick as I finished up with that tree my p/u was close. In it I had some of the higher strength rubbing alcohol. Poured liberally over my arms and wiped off with paper towels.

That alcohol is pretty handy to carry. It's cheap, can  use to clean minor wounds, it makes a pretty good hand cleaner and not to shabby to use as a degreaser to clean parts in a pinch.

I feel fortunate I don't get it.

CCC4

Maine logger88

Yeh I usually do the same thing till I get low on saws then I have too spend a few nights in my basement fixing saws

Thank You Sponsors!